Damn This Weather

charliesarmy

Visit site
Its turning my field to mud again...big girls coat has gone fluffy...ponios coat has stoped coming out he's destined to be wooly forever...looked at the long term and its not looking good for a couple of weeks
mad.gif
why can't our weather be consistent
crazy.gif

scotsmare

www.creativewritingforaliving.co.uk
I know - I'm cursing it on one hand as I've had to bring the babies back in
mad.gif
then not caring about it on the other as yard where 4yr old is at has an indoor.

Need grass though so am glad it has rained - would just like some sun now
smile.gif

We're never bloody happy.............

cellie

Visit site
We are desperate for rain ,ground is rock hard and its rained once in 5 weeks.I need some grass

Amaretto

Visit site
I Know, was taking baby horse for his 1st party this weekend at roch show, but v likely not gonna happen and be cancelled cos of bad ground...

charliesarmy

Visit site
Thats how I was doing a little rain dance so the reseeded field could have a drink *raindance* worked a little to well its hasnt stopped since
mad.gif
Feel a bit sorry for my big girl she's heavily preggers so can't chuck her a lightweight on as can't risk it...but you can see the relief when she's brought in...Altho she has a field shelter with hay she still stands in the rain
smirk.gif

charliesarmy

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I Know, was taking baby horse for his 1st party this weekend at roch show, but v likely not gonna happen and be cancelled cos of bad ground...

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably it really holds the water there
frown.gif
...bit like my fields
mad.gif
might have to put the Party on hold
smirk.gif

ladyearl

vvv
I rode tonight and I think everyone thought I was mad (including horse) but she's been on a fitness campaign and is going really well so it would be mad to stop now!!

However, I had to wade through mud to get her out of the field and then sit on a wet saddle to ride her. It was raining so hard my waterproof trousers gave up and I was soaked through.

Grr Grr Grr to wet weather.

However on plus side - midges are not as hardy as me so her sweet itch field companion wet but comfortable tonight. Also no flies - hurrah hurrah. In fact now that I think about it - only living creatures out tonight were me and horse. hmmm maybe I was mad ...
tongue.gif

TicTac

Visit site
No grass and rock hard here too and the bloody wind hasn't stopped blowing a hoolie for the best part of a week!! Horses are still on full rations. Summer? Where!

charliesarmy

Visit site

Grr Grr Grr to wet weather.

However on plus side - midges are not as hardy as me so her sweet itch field companion wet but comfortable tonight. Also no flies - hurrah hurrah.

Silver Lining
grin.gif

In fact now that I think about it - only living creatures out tonight were me and horse. hmmm maybe I was mad ...
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite Possibly
grin.gif