Dan is definetly getting better!!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Got to yard today to find Dan already in, thought it was housemate being nice but then YO came over with half a grin on her face to say they had brought Dan in because he had jumped out of his field from a standstill
shocked.gif
Now this was in semi darkness with rug on, on slope (not in his favour) over a 1m10/1m15 permanent thick electric tape fence and although I know he is more than capable of jumping big fences (see avatar) he has only jumped one course in last 18 months and that was about 75cm in size.

so yeah defintetly think the navicular/bone spavins are improving as also come to think of it only known him to jump out of field about 3 or 4 times ever and last time was about 4 years ago!!

Im a happy mum though as means the drugs and my very large credit card bill has been worth it!
grin.gif

Katie

Fiona

Visit site
As have said before....he obviously knows himself he is feeling better so is doing things he has not done for a long time.
Better keep him well exercised, or he will be doing it all the time.
Brilliant news - well done.

Fiona

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
oww yes he is back in proper work now although only partially fit but definetly on right track. Had discussion with vet about him today and she is really pleased with how he is progressing as well. Going to remove his need to jump out by not allowing him to be last to be bought him which is why we think he jumped out today. I have been bringing him him when I get back from work approaching 7pm but YO will bring him in till for the rest of the week until new job allows me to bring him in earlier myself.
wink.gif

star

Visit site
great news. think my Dan might be on the mend too. He trotted up sound today 8wks post-op so i start ridden walking at the weekend - really hope he stays sound now even though he'll never go back in the dressage arena.

tigers_eye

Visit site
Fab news K, hope he behaves himself on the long road to fitness (take it you eschewed the walking up and down hills on the road with him?!). Might he be jumping at competitions before the end of the winter?

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
haven't done hills so far as well he won't go out hacking 50% of time unless in very reliable company and thats hard to find!!!! once he is fitter though he can go on longer hacks when will be easier to find as most don't want to go out for only 20mins!

Showjumping I really don't know yet very much waiting and seeing. I'm telling myself he is only going to be a dressage horse so if he does come right enough to jump it will be a real bonus but I'm not holding out hopes!
Anyway won't be total loss as dressage horse and I'm still determined to ride in top hat and tails with him as I know he is more than capable if we get our act together!