Dandy brushes- does anyone else's horse object when coat's changing?

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
PF has always been ticklish around her stomach, but lately, since her summer coat has started to come through, she has really started breakdancing away from anything harder than a body brush. Any part of her body, doesn't matter; you'd think I was jabbing her with a cattle prod!
Anyone else's horse a delicate flower like PF??
tongue.gif

Shrimp

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Anyone else's horse a delicate flower like PF??
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

*raises hand* mine!
I can't even use a dandy brush on him as he is so thin skinned with not much hair so he objects to it i.e. fidjets (sp?) about and turns round to bite you (which he never does normally) so I use a body brush generally. Though, he will let me use a rubber curry comb to get off mud as he doesnt seem to be sensitive to it
confused.gif

sea_view

Visit site
Mine, he does some funny dance and shrinks to 14'2 then back to his normal 16'1 just now so I'm on the body brush only diet... what a bunch!!!

seaofdreams

Visit site
Mouse is!! i have to watch the body brushes aswell, she doesn't ever do much, just quietly moves away from me were as a soft brush and she falls asleep!!

S_N

Visit site
I never use a dandy brush tbh - nasty, hateful things. I've stabbed myself a few times with one, not nice!

I use a plastic/rubber (can't decide) grooming mit, has raised bobbles on one side and short stiff bristles on the other. I also use a flicky brush and a soft mit - real wool on one side and sacking on the other. I rarely use a body brush either....

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
My horse hates dandy brushes as so thin skinned - he fidgets and stamps but sometimes they are necessary on the legs. He much prefers a rubber curry comb for hair. The other thing really good on him is one of those mitts with sheepskin one side and course rope type the other as really gets the mud off without him going mad.

flyingfeet

Visit site
One of mine prefers a cactus mitt or soft body brush, however sweet itch boy would prefer a metal curry comb and loves being brushed with dandy brush or plastic curry comb, or knobbly rubber mitt thing.

RunToEarth

Visit site
My horse is too ticklish to have anything softer than body brush on him all year round, little puff.Mare never seemed bothered! x

eekmon

Visit site
Yep me too !! Its only a body brush for me too,I have a v soft goat hair brush he loves! The older hes got the more he hates being groomed!!
shocked.gif