Danilon not working?

Lintel

Visit site
Little newly diagnosed possibly probably arthritic shetland has now been on danilon for 4 days. 1/2 sachet morning and night.

Still lame when he gets up in the hind.
Still lame in trot.
Seems comfortable in walk and is much more cheeky again.

I'm so worried, it's not helping I'm just off nightshift so have a muddled brain anyway...

What to do though?
Will it take longer to work.. Does he need a bigger dose..?

Lintel

Visit site
Definitely not lami but could be something else? weight is roughly 200kg not sure what danilon dosage is....

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
If his demeanour has changed I'd give it a while longer to sort out the problem after getting up. It really crunches the hock to lie down and the inflammation will take time to subside. There may be some mechanical catching of bone spurs that is happening in trot and on getting up, which he can cope with as long as the Danilon keeps him pain free. Given what you've said before about stressing him to investigate further, I'd be driven by whether he's happy in himself.

Lintel

Visit site
If his demeanour has changed I'd give it a while longer to sort out the problem after getting up. It really crunches the hock to lie down and the inflammation will take time to subside. There may be some mechanical catching of bone spurs that is happening in trot and on getting up, which he can cope with as long as the Danilon keeps him pain free. Given what you've said before about stressing him to investigate further, I'd be driven by whether he's happy in himself.

Thank you, he does definitely ease off during the day and when he is moving around. I might give the vets a ring today and see if I can give him the a full sachet am and pm to see if that makes any difference.
I wondering if hosing his back legs would help at all? There is no heat or swelling per say but "every little helps"?