Danish Warmblood - Graded?

Hetsmum

Visit site
Dear lovely breeding folks..........My friend has acquired a Danish Warmblood mare - papered. She is crown branded on her quarters. Does this mean she is graded? We believe she has been ridden - having been told she is a good hack/ride. Is part of the grading process being ridden? This mare was left in a field for many years, has previously bred at least one foal (now 6+ years) and was bought by friend as a 'job lot' or all 9 were going to be shot. She is 17 years old and needs a new home. Is there demand for DWB mares for breeding or is getting her riding again the best way forwards? She is in very good condition considering - only has pretty long feet. Wormed yesterday and loves fuss and attention! Any DWB experts out there? :)

Spring Feather

Visit site
I managed a stud in Denmark who bred Dansk Varmblods about 30 years ago. They are branded on the quarters as foals when they pass their foal inspection. If the mare had been put in the "Elite" class on her inspection as a breeding mare then she will also have a crown on her neck. I had a lovely DVB, they are versatile warmbloods and mine was a lovely showjumper but was capable of nice dressage moves. I'm not sure of the popularity of DVB broodmares in the UK, I'd seriously consider taking her if she was in North America providing she had a good pedigree but alas she is not. I'm not sure the breeding scene is like it is over here though, people don't seem to hold broodmares in such high esteem in the UK as they do over here; most likely because the sale prices of the offspring appear to be so low in the UK, whereas over here our weanlings sell for good money. I think your best bet of finding her a good home would be to reback her and sell her as a riding horse.

Hetsmum

Visit site
Thanks SF. Very useful information. She def does not have crown on her neck so not Elite. Lovely temperament - for a horse that has been left for years she is a darling. Found DK website all in German (?) and put in her reg number and she is by Mon Ami? I think. Sorry details not on my person at the moment. What a shame the Atlantic Ocean is between us!

photo.php

mbsports

Visit site
I love the danish warmbloods and it fact brought one back with me from Sweden...She has now finished being a Broodmare and is being ridden now..And yes to spring feather perfectly right branded when foal inspected and elite with a crown..There are quite a lot of us over here we still keep in touch...If I had not given up breeding would have welcomed her no problem..I just could not find the land to rent so gave up !!!!

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
Ooh will be following this as I have a Danish warmblood too and have found little information on the grading process and whether my mare has been or not. She too has a crown and number on her quarters. I would be very interested in hearing from other Danish owners.

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
Just read this bit, my mare is by Mon Ami too! I have found details for him but struggling to find my mars dam, can't say the name now as it is a mouthful so would have to copy from her passport.
Nice to meet someone so similar!

Thanks SF. Very useful information. She def does not have crown on her neck so not Elite. Lovely temperament - for a horse that has been left for years she is a darling. Found DK website all in German (?) and put in her reg number and she is by Mon Ami? I think. Sorry details not on my person at the moment. What a shame the Atlantic Ocean is between us!

photo.phpfbid=10152452326368390&set=ms.10152452326368390.10152452327243390.10152452327853390.10152452328693390.bps.a.10152452326288390.1073741826.722838389&type=1&theater

Hetsmum

Visit site
Just read this bit, my mare is by Mon Ami too! I have found details for him but struggling to find my mars dam, can't say the name now as it is a mouthful so would have to copy from her passport.
Nice to meet someone so similar!

She is by Mon Ami (Mi Amor X - Sobo's Tandarra?) out of Fiesta (Stanford - Urbino?)

I went onto a site (which I now can't find - but it's on laptop at home!) and typed her Registration number in......

I have guessed grand parents as there was more than one Fiesta registered so I guessed the one with the best age match.

She was bred in this country by Erica Klien in Hertfordshire so I'm not surprised they are related. Is your mare good to ride? I can't fault the temperament of this girl. We just need to find her a home quite quickly as my friend picked up 9 horses and does not really have the room. I so wish I could take her as I must confess I have fallen a bit in love but I am already at my absolute limit with 3 financially.

Hetsmum

Visit site
She is by Mon Ami (Mi Amor X - Sobo's Tandarra?) out of Fiesta (Stanford - Urbino?)

I went onto a site (which I now can't find - but it's on laptop at home!) and typed her Registration number in......

I have guessed grand parents as there was more than one Fiesta registered so I guessed the one with the best age match.

She was bred in this country by Erica Klien in Hertfordshire so I'm not surprised they are related. Is your mare good to ride? I can't fault the temperament of this girl. We just need to find her a home quite quickly as my friend picked up 9 horses and does not really have the room. I so wish I could take her as I must confess I have fallen a bit in love but I am already at my absolute limit with 3 financially.

Here is the site I was talking about. I just guessed what it meant!

http://go.rideforbund.dk/heste/hestesøgning.aspx?q=9802519

9802519 is Flaminka's Registration number.....

ChestnutConvert

Visit site

Wow I must sot down and research more fullly, mine is Mon Ami x Kristiansdals Elaiza (the one I am struggling to find out about) and was bred in South Godstone.

She is a bit of a pampered typical mare who can be opinionated but to ride she is great. She concentrates in the school and enjoys her work, always loves to hack and have a nosey around. It has taken a while to get that bond but mares take a bit longer generally I guess.

I would definitely have another one if the opportunity came about but at the moment that isn't possible or I would have snapped yours up! Nice to meet a half sister though.

Hetsmum

Visit site
Wow I must sot down and research more fullly, mine is Mon Ami x Kristiansdals Elaiza (the one I am struggling to find out about) and was bred in South Godstone.

She is a bit of a pampered typical mare who can be opinionated but to ride she is great. She concentrates in the school and enjoys her work, always loves to hack and have a nosey around. It has taken a while to get that bond but mares take a bit longer generally I guess.

I would definitely have another one if the opportunity came about but at the moment that isn't possible or I would have snapped yours up! Nice to meet a half sister though.

Here you go..............

http://go.rideforbund.dk/heste/hestesøgning/vis-hest.aspx?horseId=DRF.8703676&q=Kristiansdals+Elaiza

I assume Mor is Mare and Far is Sire. You can probably keep tracing back a way by that route.

Nice to know yours is good to ride. This mare seems really sweet to handle. I got a bridle on her yesterday - no fuss and she hasn't been touched for at least 5 years until Saturday night.

ChestnutConvert

Visit site

http://go.rideforbund.dk/heste/hestesøgning/vis-hest.aspx?horseId=DRF.8703676&q=Kristiansdals+Elaiza

I assume Mor is Mare and Far is Sire. You can probably keep tracing back a way by that route.

Nice to know yours is good to ride. This mare seems really sweet to handle. I got a bridle on her yesterday - no fuss and she hasn't been touched for at least 5 years until Saturday night.

Were abouts in Hertfordshire is she and how are you looking to move her on? I.e price etc, PM if you prefer, I will definitely keep my eye and ears open if I can.'t persuade he OH that I need another one to keep mine company :)

ChestnutConvert

Visit site

And thank you for finding her dam, sorry just realised!

Fwd P2P

Visit site
Hi Hetsmum, here is all the information from the site, but I've translated it into English! I would be interested in her, so could you pm me please. Hope the info below is helpful 🙏
KRISTIANSDALS ELAIZA
Basic info

Id number 8703676
Birth 10-06-1987
Breeder Eva, Westphael, 974 723, Kristiansdal, Hadsundvej 52 A
Stud Danish Warmblood
Father Aleksander
Mother Kristiansdals Petula
Grandfather Asferg Cyklo
Competition Registration

DE rallies Registered
ABC rallies Registered