Darco Offspring

digger2

Visit site
Hi i've recently been breaking in a son of Darco gelding just turned 4. Going very well on lunge and jumping well on lunge. he was starting to work well ridden but has suddenly gone "nappy" there's no change of routine no physical probs. Anyone aware if Darco horses have a "bad attitiude" to being ridden. I can work him really hard on lunge and he's quite happy but get on and instant nappyness

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I have been recently working at a show jumping yard and there was a Darco mare there who was lovely, she'd been broken in and left to have foals and was therefore 6 before she did anything and she's a fab little mare.

tigers_eye

Visit site
They can be. From what I know most will do this as youngsters and if sorted will be very good although Ii believe always quite aloof. If not sorted they can be unreliable for the rest of their lives. That's what I've seen/heard anyway. I lived in Belgium and saw lots of them, they were everywhere!

teapot

Visit site
PM emily 99 - her 5yr old has Darco breeding. I know Emz's has problems when he decides that he doesn't want to play

Emily99

Visit site
Yep, my boy's by Parco. As a 4yr old he was an angel, so laid back didn't look at anything, now he's turned five he's gotten alot spookier and sharper, but i think they may be a mixture of being a youngster and scaring himself after landing on the gate in the field and hurting himself.

wvfoxylady

Visit site
Hiya I've been riding a darco gelding he's 7years now been at my yard since he was 4. He can be very difficult at times. Dont get me wrong when hes good hes a superstar but when he decides he cant be bothered to do any work hes the laziest, grumpiest horse ive ever ridden. Takes tantrums such as mini-rears with huge bucks(very powerful back end) and grunts.He does however have a lovely temperament and boy can he jump! but that comes with a price ha ha.Everyone loves him though,wouldnt change him.x