Dark nights, no lights!!!

BallyJ

Visit site
HI again!

Does anyone have any recommendations on lighting a menage?

it isn't my yard so don't want to spend a fortune, i'm the only one who cant get there in the day so i'm the only one who would be using them.

Not confident enough to ride in the dark and think she would find a head torch too spooky.

Im thinking of good quality camping lights? i could charge at home maybe?

THanks

Charlie007

Visit site
I have just bought a rechargeable LED floodlight - if you have several that might work?

Same here. Bought a couple from screw fix and I hang them in the centre pointing out on a jump wing. I bought 2 which are OK in a 20 x 40. Might buy a couple more yet. They take 5 hours to charge and you get 3 hours usage.

Cahill

Visit site
Same here. Bought a couple from screw fix and I hang them in the centre pointing out on a jump wing. I bought 2 which are OK in a 20 x 40. Might buy a couple more yet. They take 5 hours to charge and you get 3 hours usage.

i am still thinking about these as i thought they looked good but read on their site that the bulbs are not replacable

BallyJ

Visit site
Thanks! will have a look into them :)

Charlie007 - do you have any 'scary' shadows? or are they bright enough to overcome this?

Charlie007

Visit site
Thanks! will have a look into them :)

Charlie007 - do you have any 'scary' shadows? or are they bright enough to overcome this?

They just about light up the ends of the arena. I have to say I wasn't aware of any scary shadows. Maybe because the lights are fairly low as opposed to above you?? With them being small and easy to move it may just be trial and error in your particular arena. I though for the price they were definitely worth a try!! Must adMitchell didn't look in to whether the bulbs are replaceable or nothe.

Charlie007

Visit site
They just about light up the ends of the arena. I have to say I wasn't aware of any scary shadows. Maybe because the lights are fairly low as opposed to above you?? With them being small and easy to move it may just be trial and error in your particular arena. I though for the price they were definitely worth a try!! Must adMitchell didn't look in to whether the bulbs are replaceable or nothe.

Meant to say I bought the 23w.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
I have some LED lights that last about an hour on full beam and another hour on half beam. 2 of them are plenty good enough to school with in a 20x40 and sort out horse before and after! Bought off ebay and small/light enough to just carry around.

As an aside, has anyone managed to light an arena well enough to jump small feneces with with solar that doesnt cost thousands?

Ceriann

Visit site
I have just put 4 22w led's along the long side of my 40x20. They are bright enough (with light from yard) to use the whole school. My only issue is getting used to them on the bright side (where they are placed), especially riding toward them on change of rein, circle etc. Horse not bothered by them though and I can ride through winter so not complaining!