Daughter wants to bring work home

Asha

Visit site
My daughter is a freelance groom and one of her customers is looking for a new home for her Shetland. Said daughter is besotted with this pony . We currently don’t have a spare stable , but she would make an ideal companion for my old mare who is over weight . None of my others need strip grazing , so I was a bit worried about spring / summer that the old girl would be on her own . They could be kept in a bare field together , which would also help the old girl keeping moving .

So lovely HHO people , do I relent and let my daughter bring her work home ??

Attachments

• 41F3F8C3-7A94-463F-AEAD-EDCF073896D4.jpeg
    41F3F8C3-7A94-463F-AEAD-EDCF073896D4.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 146

meleeka

Visit site
Of course you should! Everyone should have a mini 😀

Just be aware of their escape artist tendencies (although mine isn’t). She will make you smile everyday and they are just lovely to have around. We’ve just built what is essentially a shed for mine to use as a shelter, not that he needs one, but the others have stable doors open 24/7 and he sometimes likes to go for a sleep in his. There’s a bar across the door so the others can’t get in but mostly he’s to be found sharing a haynet with one of the others.

Asha

Visit site
You are all as bonkers as my daughter !

D66 ive no idea how much they want for her, im going to make daughter pay !!

ive got a small field that has foal proof fencing ( 4 strands of post and rail) would that do ? Its the smallest field, and I can let the others on first to strip it off.

meleeka

Visit site
ive got a small field that has foal proof fencing ( 4 strands of post and rail) would that do ? Its the smallest field, and I can let the others on first to strip it off.

That sounds fine. Will you put the fatty with her? They are incredibly socialble ponies and do best with a friend. Of course you could always get two then you won’t have a problem 😂

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
that has foal proof fencing ( 4 strands of post and rail) would that do ? Its the smallest field, and I can let the others on first to strip it o
You may still need to infill with electric string between and below the rails.

Is daughter vouching that this is an angelic non grumpy non escapee Shettie :cool:? Certainly sounds like she's been hooked - just beware this may only be the first...

Asha

Visit site
You may still need to infill with electric string between and below the rails.

Is daughter vouching that this is an angelic non grumpy non escapee Shettie :cool:? Certainly sounds like she's been hooked - just beware this may only be the first...

Yes, apparently shes very sweet and non grumpy. She is quite cheeky though, I can vouch for that. As we hack passed her field , she does like to run to the gate as she see's us coming. Im sure she gets a kick out of terrifying the irish draughts ! Plus shes been known to be found wandering up and down the lane from what the neighbours have told us :D:D

Asha

Visit site
That sounds fine. Will you put the fatty with her? They are incredibly socialble ponies and do best with a friend. Of course you could always get two then you won’t have a problem 😂

yes, fatty would go out with her. Its the main reason im considering it, I never put mine out on their own. So this would genuinely solve my worries for the summer with the ole girl. Shes metabolically challenged now.

We where expecting a foal this year ( but mare must have slipped it ), so do you reckon I can convince hubby this is actually the foal.....

Asha

Visit site
Posting a picture a the said Shetland looking it's cute best isn't helping the flow of logical advice!

I favour the go for it option as long as you remember that a Shetland can escape through a cat flap if it's so inclined and will lead horses three times it's size into trouble they had never even dreamt of before.

^^ that’s just had me howling

Here’s an even cuter one !

Attachments

• 85572F50-C063-4835-B535-4C2F969E9061.jpeg
    85572F50-C063-4835-B535-4C2F969E9061.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 115