Daughter's Project Pony

Tia

Visit site
Well here is Cocoa! Meg has been doing lots of long-reining with him and he is coming along a treat. She has him riding out nicely and he is becoming very well behaved now.....a far cry from the spoilt little rascal he was last week LOL!!

Anyway here he is, piccy taken a minute ago as he goes to do some work:

190169545.jpg

190169558.jpg

Tia

Visit site
She's just turned 10 years old......and 5ft tall, LOL!!

This pony will only here for a couple of weeks as we have a buyer for him already, but I thought it would be great experience for Megan to have her own little project. She'll learn a lot from this I think.

Tia

Visit site
I don't recall how tall I was at 10. I am 5'8 and hubby is 6' so wouldn't have expected her to be an enormously tall grown-up.

Anyone know how height works? Height at certain ages etc in relation to your adult height?

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
That's one smart little horselady in the making you have there Tia
smile.gif
Pony looks sweet too.

Don't know about the height though....Coral is the same age as Megan and is 4ft11 right now
blush.gif
Given I'm only *whispers*5ft4in I have a horrid feeling she's going to be way taller than me
crazy.gif

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
I think if you measure your children when they are two years old and double it that gives you an approximation of their eventual adult height. My daughter was 3' at that age so she may reach 6' when she grows up. She is nearly 13 now and already 5' 4". I think she will end up way taller than me as I'm only 5' 5 1/2". Yes, the 1/2" is very important!

horsegirl

Visit site
I don't think that works as boys and girls are very similar height until their teens but boys (usually) end up taller. My son and daughter were both around 3 foot at the age of 2 and my son is now 6 ft 4 (19) and my daughter 5 ft 7 (16)

anniedoherty

www.boxtreegallery.co.uk
Yes, I've no idea if it is actually true. It's just what my health Vistor told me. I will see if she does end up as a six footer and then decide if it is true! She is, and always has been, the tallest in her class at school including all the boys so I think she will definitely end up pretty tall as an adult.

Tia

Visit site
I'll have to dig out Meg's Health Record and see what height she was back then. I do recall that she was above the norm.

Thanks for that everyone!
smile.gif