Day 23, **update** on Bailey our little scruffy freebie!

Elsiecat

Visit site
Well, I say 'scruffy' I like to think he's made the transformation in to a fine young man!
He's gone from this

to this in just over 3 weeks!

It's hard to believe he hasn't been here forever. He follows us around like a puppy. He's always looking for ways to please. The other day I sat in the field and he came over and stood behind me with his head rested on my shoulder and into my lap. He's such a dream. The kids that come up all adore him and spend hours grooming and doing with him. We don't even give leaving them to it a seconds thought, he's just such a reliable little soul! He squeels and whinneys when I walk out of the front door in the morning. He was spinning around winneying and rearing with excitement this morning :D

He now owns his own bridle! Shetland size it is! Bless. Didn't get any pictures at the end but here he is during adjustments -

On a walk in his sisters cub saddle -

He's now living out on a paddock with his new friend. They get along so well and clicked from the second they met. Up until last week we were doing quite a bit of lunging and long reigning but we've given him the last week of being a pony happy in a field to himself! This is him and his friend about a week ago -

Another one of the handsome man :)

Last week we got a young girl just to lean over the back of him. He turned around as if to say "what do you think you're doing!?" and then carried on nuzzling people for treats :rolleyes:

Fantastic little thing who always brightens our day :)

Elsiecat

Visit site
He's absolutely gorgeous. Can you remind me/us how you came by him. He has a lot of class. There's some very good blood in there somewhere. Lucky little chap!

Purely by chance. Someone told us of someone who knew someone who had taken a few from going for meat. We went and saw him and that was that :)

Queenbee

Visit site
What a lucky little chap, incredible what a bit of tlc does isn't it? Very very handsome too. Well done, looking forward to seeing his progress :)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Good idea to give him some time off. He looks so much better, but still a little poor.

And remember, when leading on the road, make sure you're on the right of the pony.

wench

Visit site
Sorry to sound nit-picking, but if leading a horse out on the road, leader should always be between horse and traffic...

suffolkmare

Visit site
Congratulations on getting such a little star, and well done for the all round improvement, he's a lucky chap and you're lucky to have him too :D Looking forward to more updates.

Elsiecat

Visit site
Thank you :) so excited to take him in hand showing in summer!
On the luck out for a small rider to start him over the next few months too.

Strawbz

Visit site
Well hello again Bailey

He's looking fab EC and great to read about his lovely character too. i can just see him pulling a smart little carriage. When I win the lottery I'll drop you a PM :D

Elsiecat

Visit site
Well hello again Bailey

He's looking fab EC and great to read about his lovely character too. i can just see him pulling a smart little carriage. When I win the lottery I'll drop you a PM :D

Haha! Luckily I don't think you'll need the Euromillions to afford him :D