Dead horses found in police raid at scrapyard

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site

Equi

Visit site
The sentence given was absolutely pathetic. How is that ever going to deter anyone from doing this when thats all that happens. Why the hell do they even bother, if they can't afford or don't have any interest in looking after them why do they bloody get them!!!!! >:O

EQUIDAE

Visit site
The sentence given was absolutely pathetic. How is that ever going to deter anyone from doing this when thats all that happens. Why the hell do they even bother, if they can't afford or don't have any interest in looking after them why do they bloody get them!!!!! >:O

The status of having a herd of 200 horses sadly

EQUIDAE

Visit site
What does the surname Smith have anything to do with it??

They were banned from keeping horses last year, the man of the house is in prison for threatening with a firearm - rumours have it that it was an rspca officer. Obviously they haven't returned to check the ban or there.wouldn't have been 3 dead horses.

chillipup

Visit site
They were banned from keeping horses last year, the man of the house is in prison for threatening with a firearm - rumours have it that it was an rspca officer. Obviously they haven't returned to check the ban or there.wouldn't have been 3 dead horses.

Obviously ??? Think I'll wait until I get all the facts, thanks.

EQUIDAE

Visit site
Obviously ??? Think I'll wait until I get all the facts, thanks.

They were banned from keeping horses after the cruelty case last year - yet they still have horses. I have one of the 60 horses/foals they were sending to slaughter :(

Last edited:

chillipup

Visit site
They were banned from keeping horses after the cruelty case last year - yet they still have horses. I have one of the 60 horses/foals they were sending to slaughter :(

You do not know, as fact, whether anyone has been back to check on their ban or not. Who is to say when they got these horses? (now dead) It could well have been the very day after they were visited to see if they were violating their ban and weeks or months ago. Who knows? Obviously not you or I .

EQUIDAE

Visit site
You do not know, as fact, whether anyone has been back to check on their ban or not. Who is to say when they got these horses? (now dead) It could well have been the very day after they were visited to see if they were violating their ban and weeks or months ago. Who knows? Obviously not you or I .

Are you seriously defending these people? Why are you being so obtuse?

chillipup

Visit site
I'm, seriously and very simply saying, neither you nor I have any idea if and when the rspca returned to these people to discover whether or not they were still keeping horses. I'm not defending anyone, what's so obtuse about that?

EQUIDAE

Visit site
I'm, seriously and very simply saying, neither you nor I have any idea if and when the rspca returned to these people to discover whether or not they were still keeping horses. I'm not defending anyone, what's so obtuse about that?

If they had have returned they would have seen that they still had horses - 3 more dead to go with the 13 of last time (actually 14 as the one my friend took died of a perforated bowel due to the worm.burden). I wish someone could do something but they are talked of as if they are the local mariposa - one of the reasons for my name change.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
Hopefully the police are taking the vehicle theft and work on stolen vehicles more seriously than they take their horse crime and there will be more prison sentences in the offing.

chillipup

Visit site
If they had have returned they would have seen that they still had horses - 3 more dead . I wish someone could do something but they are talked of as if they are the local mariposa - one of the reasons for my name change.

Just because you repeat your statement, doesn't necessarily make it true. So here's a scenario. I suspect the rspca and police would have to submit evidence/cause to request a warrant to be issued by a Magistrate in order to search this couples premises to establish whether they were or not keeping horses in breach of their ban. (especially given the rumour you mentioned, I doubt a warm welcome and an offer of a cup of tea would be very likely) However, try if you can to imagine, that on the day this warrant is issued, the police and rspca visit and do not find any horses whether dead or alive. And because of this, no action could have been taken against them on that day.

Of course, just because this couple may not have horses at their premises on the day the police and rspca may have visited, doesn't mean to say they may not have horses else where or acquired more later and took them back to their premises. But just how is anyone to check this?

How often do you think it is or would be acceptable for the police/rspca to request a new warrant (and actually have it issued) to visit these people to see whether they were or not flaunting the ban? Once a week, once a month, every three months? Think what this couple would be yelling from the roof tops - if they did - harassment, racism, human rights violation, privacy, victimization? They'd have this couple's legal team onto them PDQ.

This scenario is just that. I don't know what happened, I'm just offering up one of any number of possible reasons. Maybe you're right, maybe the rspca couldn't be bothered to check whether these two nasty pieces of work were keeping horses again but maybe, just maybe, don't you think the rspca would have been only to eager to get back in, find more evidence and prosecute them again?

chillipup

Visit site
What a brilliant idea PN, you're right, the police often use their helicopters for searching out cannabis farms/premises that give off heat, using the thermal imaging device on board, and all those run away criminals of course. (I just love it when the police dog finds them first)
I guess there's no reason why they couldn't use it for that. I wonder if they get asked by the rspca?