Dealer for “normal” horses, London area

charterline

Visit site
Looking for potential recommendations. Wanting to find a dealer in the London area that sells “normal” horses. One that will hack and and happily have a trot around the school.

I don’t have a massive budget, but would like to purchase a horse that is ridable, and schooling etc can be worked on.

I’d rather go to a dealer and try several at once. Won’t have a massive budget, so I’m after some one that sells at the lower end of the market

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
First thing I would do is join the Facebook group Dodgey Horse Dealers especially as you haven't got a massive budget so you don't get caught out by some well known crooks of the horse world.

Echo that, there's some that operate out of Essex that work together, putting another name forward as a front as soon as one becomes known as dodgy.

Bernster

Visit site
I don't know any in the London area but there will be a fair few around the SE near enough to London. Agree ref dodgy dealers page. This is old knowledge now but I visited Cip Clop Traders and Equine Agents, Sussex way, and thought they seemed ok for that type of horse. Obv get it vetted and take a knowledgeable friend with you if at all possible. And visit at least twice if you can, although sometimes the good ones sell on 1st viewing. Good luck!

If you're new to ownershipor the area, how about trying a share first?