Dealers? Abingdon road Oxford

william99

Visit site
Has anyone had any dealings with a couple called Corrine and DEan good or bad please,A friend of mine has beem seriously stittched up by these two any wondered if anyone else has she brought a horse from them and it was totally unsuitable and returned it , she cannont get her money back or the horse!

blossom01

Visit site
get your friend to keep fighting these people.
I bought i horse in Oct 06 from a private sale, and it took me 9 months to return him and get my money back.
get your friend to contact small claims court and file a claim.

it cost me court fees of a few hundred quid but it was so worth it!

Dressagebabe

Visit site
Hi,
This is a long shot but try ringing Darby's Solicitors in New Inn Hall Street Oxford as they are Equine Solicitors and they may be able to tell you whether they have handled any cases against these people in the past, you will need to find out their surnames first though.

harleyandcopper

Visit site
I'm a newbie on here, but have been watching for quite a while.
Your bad experience with this person prompted me to reply.

About 20 years ago, my daughter learnt to ride at those stables when the previous leaseholders ran a riding school.
They gave up the lease, and the person in question then took over the lease with her partner.
We haven't been back there, but i believed the person you're talking about took in liveries, and bought and sold horses.
It's interesting because a friend of mine remembers seeing her at Reading Horse Sales.
Even more interesting, is that the place is advertised as a Horse Sanctuary on the Four Pillars Hotel Oxford website!
Now I remember this person and her partner from years ago, and they were what my daughter would call "pikeys".
You could find out if they are claiming benefits?
If they are, then you would have something on them.
They shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

Eceni

Visit site
I *think* this is the place I went to try a pony... got bucked off before I ever got in the saddle (that is, leg up - pony started turning herself inside out before my backside hit leather). I did what could euphemistically be called 'an emergency dismount' when it was clear we were about to run headlong at a barbed wire fence. Sprung two rib heads and very sore for a while - stupid really, 'cos I knew I wasn't going to buy the pony the moment I saw her - just thought I could ride her better than them and wanted to try and see if I could...

but never bought, so never had to try to get money back

E

the watcher

Visit site
'Nestling in 20 acres of Thames-side parkland, which is adjacent to a horse sanctuary, the hotel has a truly idyllic setting.'
so it is - must be disappointing for the guests when they actually see it!

sunflower

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
'Nestling in 20 acres of Thames-side parkland, which is adjacent to a horse sanctuary, the hotel has a truly idyllic setting.'
so it is - must be disappointing for the guests when they actually see it!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I go past there on the bus everytime I go into Oxford - idyllic is not the word I would use
smirk.gif

harleyandcopper

Visit site
LOL, I agree - it looks like a scrapyard IMO!
They have old fire engines, boats etc. etc
I think they deal in a bit of everything.

The male partner used to put his horses in peoples fields to graze, then wouldn't pay for the grazing and would do a bunk! This was going back some time before they got the lease for the present yard.

Has anyone been to the yard recently?
I'd be interested to know the condition of the horses kept there.