DEALERS

Tufty

Visit site
someone please recommend a good honest dealer in the north west maybe even one that accepts cheques and gives a receipt would be nice.

Stella

Visit site
I can recommend www.stubleyhollowfarm.com in Sheffield. They are not at all hard sell, they are professional, honest and have nice horses. They are not cheap, but the premium covers the cost of all the work they put in with the horses. They assess them over at least weeks and sometimes months. I bought my mare from them and would not hesitate to go back. I also know of several other happy customers with good horses. Its important to be honest about your abilities though of course. I do know of one horse from there that was unsuitable for its owner, but she never admits to worrying about anything (has an image to maintain don't you know) and the cracks didn't start showing until she got it home and began hacking it. Not a problem horse, just a bit too much horse for her!

ru-fi-do

Visit site
I completely agree with stella. I got my girl from there 2.5 years ago, very nice people and very honest. I would go back there like a shot if i had the money to buy from there. They have got many you can try. I actually rang up about a horse but then saw mine being led in from the field just over from ireland and fell in love! Was able to try in a menage and hack out on busy roads too. They are excellent at matching a horse to rider as long as you are honest about your riding ability. But also the horses sell as fast as they are put on the website so give them a ring.
smile.gif

Stella

Visit site
ann - I got Flora 2.5 years ago too! In case you saw her, she is a big 16.3hh dark bay heavy hunter. She was 6 at the time. What is yours? in case I met her!
smile.gif

ru-fi-do

Visit site
Mine was formerly speckle's (now shannon) big built grey abit of dapple, roan but a flea bitten face. She was 5 when i bought her and stood 16hh but she's now 16.3hh I went originally to see fanny but she was too small I had seen them advertised in horse deals. They didn't have muchin when i went, but didn't really look after I saw Shannon, but the name flora definately rings a bell!

debbielinder

Visit site
try doug aldrid his number is in farmers guardien and the equitrader you get free from tack shops and feedplaces i got my horse from him 8 yrs ago he had some lovely horses great facilities hes in preston i would deffo go back to him for another

Stella

Visit site
I don't recall your mare, but Fanny (since called Saffy) is owned by a lady in Yorkshire who posts on 'New Rider'. She is doing well too. We could form a club, there are enough of us
smile.gif