Dealers

annaellie

Visit site
Having seen all the posts on dealers its always the bad ones that get the press not the good ones. I am glad to say the dealer I used for the past few years has been great, I lost my big lad had a year off riding and concentrated on showing my sec B, soon I got fed up being out the saddle, but stupidly I never renued my insurance on my horse so did not have much money for a new one, I got in touch with these dealers to say what I wanted but be a while they told me to come and see, I found a nice grey, but as I said could not afford the horse, the dealers told me to take the horse and pay off him monthly, just to let them know what yard I was on, I done that w ithin a few months he got angleberrys on his sheath and had to have them surgically removed, when going to pay an instulment off him I mentioned this to dealers and they told me to keep the payment to pay for the vets fee, it was the last payment and thought they ment pay next month but no they ment the horse was paid for and that was there way of saying sorry even though the horse had nothing wrong when they sold him to me How many would do this. I have dealt with them on a number of occasions and they have been great every time. So good dealers are out there just very few

samsaccount

Visit site
Good dealers are fue and far apart but when you find one they are the great! Glad to hear you found a good one, i totally agree that it is the bad ones who only get the press which is not fair.

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
I brought my horse from a dealer and he's great. He's helped me loads and has loads of competition experience and I go for regular lessons with him now.
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
Yep, we've only had good experiences with our local dealer (Elliott Rowe). Bought one from him, and took a friend there for another which she also bought and is pleased with
smile.gif

We too regularly bump into him on the circuit and he is always friendly and willing to give advice if we want it.

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
I don't believe good dealers are few & far between. I believe that most dealers are sound & they want to sell you what you want & they want you to return to them for business in the future & send your friends. Unfortunately people & the press only remember the horror stories but you cannot make sweeping statements against all dealers.

debbielinder

Visit site
i got mine from a dealer doug alrid in preston he was great and his yard is immaculate would deffo go back to him if i wanted another but 8 yrs on still very happy with the first i got off him

annaellie

Visit site
If you dont mind me asking debbie what yard are you on, My filly is kept in liverpool with mum and been on quite few yards over the years,

GatefieldHorses

Visit site
As a different pointof view in this discussion. I deal in horses and again yes it is the bad ones who give us a bad name but at the end of that day. Whats the point in me telling you i have...say.....a 16hh bay gelding novice ride, when in actual fact oits not. As all it does is waste my time and yours.
Ive been to a lot of private sellers and they are not as described. And with a private person you stand no where i.e trading standards etc. With dealers you do.
Ive had a lot worse horses from private homes then we have other dealers

severnmiles

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
As a different pointof view in this discussion. I deal in horses and again yes it is the bad ones who give us a bad name but at the end of that day. Whats the point in me telling you i have...say.....a 16hh bay gelding novice ride, when in actual fact oits not. As all it does is waste my time and yours.
Ive been to a lot of private sellers and they are not as described. And with a private person you stand no where i.e trading standards etc. With dealers you do.
Ive had a lot worse horses from private homes then we have other dealers

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto...private muppets are the ones to steer clear of. I find most dealers brill and the bad ones unfortunately fool the gullable or the less experienced which is unfortunate that they take advantage, you don't hear bad press about iffy private sellers which is a bit biased as there are probably double the dodgy dealers out there.

SpruceRI

Visit site
I bought one of my girls from a stud in East Sussex. I didn't have much money to spend but the owner showed me the ponies available in my price range, then explained which ones he thought were unsuitable, until I decided on Rosie. I didn't have any transport so he delivered her plus gave me a crisp £10 note as 'luck money'.

I've had Rosie 11yrs and she's the best girlie ever.

Unfortunately the stud went bust 2 yrs after I bought Rosie - possibly because the owner let quality cobs go to muppets like me with not much money!

RosiesEventing2005005.jpg

barkinghorse

Visit site
I bought Will from a dealers, he was in a right mess, but that wasn't down to them, he had just come off the boat from Ireland.
They buy all the skinny cheap ones that the other dealers don't want, because they know they can get them into loving homes. Of course they make a good profit, and they know people are suckers for a sad case, but Will was for the slaughter along with the rest of them when they bought them.
they feed them up and assess them and tell you which are good and which are not novice, I know quite a few people with ponies from them, and i have to say, the only difficult one has been Will!!
Jo