dear hovis

maggiehorse

Visit site
Dear Hovis
i want to tell you about my friend mal , i met him 4 years ago and he was fasinated with my involvement with horses he,d always admired them but had never even touched one so i invited him and his wife to cornwall and he fell instantly in love with my old tb gelding harry , so i taught him to ride him , lol it was sometimes worthy of a mention in your book! he used to spend hours trying to put harrys bridle on with much ribbing from barbara his wife but one day weeks later i got there to find him patiently sitting on harry having caught him and tacked him up himself
mal loved riding so much that he started having lessons back hom and rode a horse called jake which bore a striking resemblence to a certain hovis!
then i introduced him to you scarey lot on this forum and he logged on every friday to see what hovis was getting up to he loved it
2 years later he visited again in january and i took him out on harry for a hack on a lovely frosty morning nether of us knew that a month later harry was gone , mal was devastated to lose his friend
this last year has been a very sad one for mal he was diagnosed with cancer last april and despite chemo he has slowly faded away , this christmas he spent in hospital and i sent him your book hovis , he texted me asking if i was trying to kill him off as he was laughing so much!!!!
last night mal passed away peacefully with his family around him
i just wanted to thank you hovis and your mum for bringing a ray of sunshine into a dying mans life
xxxxxxxtracyxxxxxxxx

MissChaos

Visit site
What a touching post. I'm so sorry for your losses but glad that Mal had the chance to get involved with horses and find one in Harry who particularly touched his life. Well done to Hovis('s mum) for doing so, too, even in a different way. Sending sympathy x

Tammytoo

Visit site
What a sad and yet uplifting post.

You must be so sad to lose your friend, but such a lovely though that he may be galloping over rainbow bridge on his friend Harry.

muddygreymare

Visit site
What a sad post, I'm so sorry about the loss of Harry and also Mal, thoughts are with his family and everyone that knew him. It's lovely though that Karen and Hovis have brightened up someone's life.

Hovis_and_SidsMum

Visit site
I've just seen this on Hovis' face book pages and am sat in tears. I'm so sorry for your loss but hope that the book brought moments of laughter in amongst the darker days.
RIP Mal, I hope you're up there with Harry having an utter ball.

babymare

Visit site
I read this earlier at work with tears - a beautiful post of course with sadness but also full of love for a friend of love for our beautiful animal and shining of what the beautiful horse can give. My thoughts are with you and the family of your friend in this sad time but as some one said earlier think of him with harry galloping round the stars waching over you - xxxx

Clannad48

Visit site
I too read this at work and had everyone worrying as to why I was sat there crying. It just goes to show what a difference horses can make to a life. Well done Hovis (and his mum) for making a hard time a lot easier.

RIP