Decent farriers in Warrington/Knutsford/Lymm area?

BeckyMason97

Visit site
In desperate need of a new farrier, officially had enough of my current one.

He turns up at random times with no notice, does two horses and disappears until the week after. He came down last week and was supposed to shoe my mare but never bothered, just got off and left her so he turned up today, unexpectedly when I wasn't at the yard. Luckily YO brought her in and sorted it all out as she was desperate to be shod. Paid YO as soon as I pulled up, before I seen her feet.

Shoes are far too small, her hoof is right over the front of them and her hooves are cracked to bits. When I left her, she had feet in lovely condition apart from needing shoeing and no cracks, I'm not a happy bunny. My other three also are in desperate need of shoeing/trimming and he's now apparently not coming back til next week and even then only doing one of them. Horse he's coming back to do doesn't have much growth and the first time I asked him to shoe him he took far too much off and he ended up squirting blood all over the yard and then was sore and not able to be ridden for a week. Plus, the shoes very rarely stay on longer than two weeks.

So I'm very very sick of him and desperately need a new one, suggestions would be brilliant!

dancingkris

Visit site
My boy just has fronts on and he trims the other - normally costs me £60 for the pair of them. Id definitely recommend him - very patient and turns up on time!