Decisions, Decisions

Tempi

Visit site
After this sunday its no more for me and Bloss in the pure dressage world until January next year!!

Shes now got 128BD points in just over a year - no mean feat for a horse that can't extend and has front legs shorter than her hind legs (bless her!)
blush.gif
Im soon to be out of Elementary for good, and if i want another bash at the Elementary Petplans/BYRDS Nationals next year then i can't compete anymore this year because ive basically got about another 3 tests to ride then im out. To qualify for the petplans it has to be in the same year, hence ive got to wait until january to do anymore tests, same with the BYRDS.

I will be doing some Elementarys HC to keep her going during the winter, and will be doing some SJ too as id like to get her going that way aswell.

Going to have words with my trainer as to my next step forwards from here as i totally dont know what to do with her. Shes never going to be able to extend and compete against the flashy horses that cost 40k+ so i think it really might be a foal for her next april time.

There is a JR on my yard atm and her horse has just been signed off work for 3months with a bone infection. She rides Bloss really well and ive said they can use her when they want. Thing is the JR is doing 'riding' at school and obviously she needs a horse to do this on. Now im going to say they can take Bloss, and i know they will offer me some money for it, but how much should i say?? I was thinking £10 a time when they take her out for the evening for lessons etc.........and for weekends away with BYRDS £30? Do people think this is reasonable as they are basically getting a free horse otherwise and i know Bloss will love it!
grin.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Why not formally lease Bloss to her full stop??

She's a cracking little horse that really could give a YR the boost they need.

CSYMolly

community.webshots.com
What a pity you can't stretch her legs she is such a poppet and you two have done so well. Like Amymay said it would be nice if you could lease her to the JNR but then I guess you can't really get another incase she changes her mind and you end up with two. I think your prices are fair by the way, good luck its a hard decision. Keep buying those lottery tickets!

Tempi

Visit site
they are actually looking for another horse, but i don't think they would lease bloss in the mean time - plus i want to keep on riding her aswell. Im going to have a bash at some unaffliated mediums, and shes going to live with my trainer for a week to learn to halfpass properly!!

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
In that case I think your prices are fair - but do make sure that all insurances etc. are up to date, and that you agree liability for any damage to her caused when she is being travelled, ridden etc by this other girl.