Deen City Farm?

FarAway23

New User
Visit site
Does anyone have recent experience with Deen City Farm? I was at Vauxhall City Farm and really loved it, but they're closing until 2025 so I have my eye on DCF as my next option.

I am an adult rider with 15 years experience, looking for somewhere with more off-the-leg horses and instructors who can help me improve beyond the basic w/t/c. Potentially wanting to get back into some low level jumping or dressage.

Primarily I am looking to have an enjoyable experience riding. It should be said that I do not have particularly thick skin (although I can take constructive criticism just fine), so I would not do well in an environment with lots of shouting, or instructors with big attitudes who easily get frustrated with students. Also ideally not a yard run primarily by unpaid children 😆

Basically I want to improve but not be brought to tears while doing it! Does Deen City Farm fit that bill?

clinkerbuilt

Visit site
Bumping for responses, as I'd be interested to hear. If you're considering Deen City Farm, is Wimbledon within your reach? You can get the train from Vauxhall to Lower Morden, also.

FarAway23

New User
Visit site
Wimbledon is within reach but I think it would be too expensive for me - it seems even with a membership the lessons are an additional (though discounted) cost.

I'm considering Lower Morden as well, there's just more about it online already and there isn't as much about DCF :)

Skib

sites.google.com
Stag Lodge has two sites, a school on the A3 and hacking from Stag Lodge Gate in Richmond Park and sometimes on Wimbledon Common. Both are reachable by bus via Putney Station. I did most of my learning to ride there and hacking (accompanied) was my preparation for the long term sharing and solo hacking I have done ever since.
You can work out the transport possibilities using the tfl app or Google maps.

Londonkatt

Visit site
The Diamond RDA in Carshalton has some lessons on a Sunday for non disabled adults - I don’t think you will get any jumping but it’s a very nice and supportive place, you can also get involved in some horse care while you are there.

Bob notacob

Visit site
a short train ride out is Wildwoods Riding Center .Well run ,good staff. Only friendly shouting (its a habit from trying to be heard in a howling gale,lol) Best riding country in the south east .Worth a visit just to have a look around.BHS centre , Regular courses . Owner did some serious show jumping back when we all rode dinosaurs.

Muddy unicorn

Visit site
Does anyone have recent experience with Deen City Farm? I was at Vauxhall City Farm and really loved it, but they're closing until 2025 so I have my eye on DCF as my next option.

I am an adult rider with 15 years experience, looking for somewhere with more off-the-leg horses and instructors who can help me improve beyond the basic w/t/c. Potentially wanting to get back into some low level jumping or dressage.

Primarily I am looking to have an enjoyable experience riding. It should be said that I do not have particularly thick skin (although I can take constructive criticism just fine), so I would not do well in an environment with lots of shouting, or instructors with big attitudes who easily get frustrated with students. Also ideally not a yard run primarily by unpaid children 😆

Basically I want to improve but not be brought to tears while doing it! Does Deen City Farm fit that bill?

In a word - no! Wildwoods is good, or Kingsmead in Warlingham have a lot on offer for adults as well as kids