Definitely getting lighter

Flowerofthefen

Visit site
I could still see to ride in school at 5pm! Just! Really want to mornings to get lighter though. I prefer riding in the morning. The school has lights but they are a ball ache to start up.

PurBee

Visit site
I love this part of the year….then height of june its 11pm here before its dark!

Theres an hours difference between east uk midlands and west ireland in terms of light/dark times…never knew that before moving here and skyping east uk friends saying “its dark here”…and us - ”oh its not dark yet here!”

maisie06

Visit site
It's pitch black at 7am when I walk the dogs, I seem to remember it's around the 2nd week of feb that it's broad daylight in the mornings. I hate january, dark cold and wet!

Cowpony

Visit site
It's really difficult in the mornings at this time of year. We have to bring in down a road with a large school on it, so by the time it's 8am and light enough to walk on the road the traffic is building. Add in some parked cars and double decker busses, and you really aren't popular! I work at home, so currently I start at 7am, work until 8.30, and then get the horses in at 9ish and go home for more work. Luckily we have an indoor school and the outdoor one has lights, so I ride in the evening.

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I love this part of the year….then height of june its 11pm here before its dark!

Theres an hours difference between east uk midlands and west ireland in terms of light/dark times…never knew that before moving here and skyping east uk friends saying “its dark here”…and us - ”oh its not dark yet here!”
My son has commented on it still being light here in Sligo when he FaceTimes me from London on summer nights. I thought it was because I live on the margin of an expansive bog and there is nothing to block the sky. There are a pair of starlings renovating their nest in the cavity wall of the stables. They cheer me up when I’m mucking out at sparrow’s cough before work with their whistles and chatter and make me believe spring is on it’s way.

Roxylola

Visit site
The first time I camped to see my friend who lives in Brighton I was really bewildered about what time it was in the evenings. I'd be convinced it was at near 10 and it would be not much past 9 it was only when I looked up sunset times I figured it out ?