Definitely the BHS way..

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Jacob came in yesterday with some soreness in his lumbar spine area, I have booked the Osteo for Thursday but in the meantime I thought I would let him use my head pad, as I too have a dodgy back..

Not quite the BHS way of doing things but I’m not about to spend £125 on a pad just because it has the word horse in it! Plus he seemed to enjoy it and even had a little snooze.. I’m quite pleased with myself ? In fact a lot of things I do would make a BHS examiners skin crawl!

I think I may keep this up for when it next gets cold. I’ll see what the Osteo says. Have tried a massage pad on him and it didn’t make a jot of difference.

030C4D11-933D-4B70-952D-BD1B42AC70CB.jpeg

Last edited:

Green Bean

Visit site
I have a hand held vibrating and infra red massager (for humans), I must say, I have been thinking of using it on my girl but was wondering what others would think of me. Your post may well give me the push to use it lol

TPO

Visit site
Warming that area does make a big difference to some horses.

If you don't have a heat pad then a covered/wrapped in towel hot water bottle does the same job.

A client of the physio made this and it works a treat

FB_IMG_1557242347362.jpgFB_IMG_1557242354354.jpg

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
Warming that area does make a big difference to some horses.

If you don't have a heat pad then a covered/wrapped in towel hot water bottle does the same job.

A client of the physio made this and it works a treat

View attachment 68347View attachment 68348

That looks great - I did think about rigging something like this up but couldn't think how to attach the two bottles together.. I'll have a look for some velcro strips!

Reactions: TPO