Delayed Reaction?

pottamus

Visit site
Has anyone else's horse's not got their coat coming through properly yet. Mine has done a small amount of shedding of summer coat but does not seem to be doing much else...alright he has slightly longer hair than his summer coat but no way near a winter fluffy coat!!!
blush.gif

Is this a problem do you think? I had to put a rug on him out in the field from last week because he turned into a nutter because of the change in temp...
I mean it is great in a way because I don't have to clip yet, but slightly concerned because he could do with it coming through soonish and everyone elses seems to be through and fluffy?
crazy.gif
Any advice?

Frazer

Visit site
Mine still has her summer coat! Doesn't seem to be affected by the weather at all, am now going to leave unrugged for next couple of days when turned out just to see if that will help. I need to clip soon, but her hair needs to grow

nomini

Visit site
Mine didn't have a chance to grow their winter coats! Clipped it all off and started rugging up cos i hate their fluffy coats when they are in full work!

Louby

Visit site
My boys got a bit of both but definately not fluffy. Hes so warm at the moment, could do with clipping really but I dont know what to put on him as he'd roast in any thing other than a LW rug so gonna leave him a while yet. Hes naked too tonight, the weathers freaky at the mo.

serena2005

Visit site
cob is like a teddy bear
TB has still got summer coat, his neck is starting to fluff up but i rugged up ages ago didnt want him losing any more weight

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
It isn't a problem. The weather has remained mild & some horses grow their coats a little later than others. Mine's winter coat has only started thickening up in the last week or so. Warn weather delays the coat growth in some horses. It will come...don't worry.
smile.gif

clipertyplop

Visit site
ive a six yr old cob who has no idea that she has to grow a winter coat she never has ....mid january she looks like she has been clipped....yet have another cob who i clip out 2 or three times during the summer !!!!! i think he is crossed with a yak
smile.gif

ginniebee

Visit site
Alice hasnt got her winter coat yet but she did have a full clip at the start of the year, and im still using summer sheet when its windy/rainy its still pretty mild for the time of year. Poppy has almost got her winter coat through mind you she is 14.