Delete if not aloud

Melody Grey

Visit site
Arghh! I'm dyslexic and have spent a LOT of time in my education working on spelling and grammar, to the point where I now almost have OCD about it.

The one that gets me is.....'does anyone no if.....'
Or random apostrophes everywhere!

Mahoganybay

Visit site
I can’t stand it when people call their horse ‘sexy’, there is a women on my friends list on Facebook who calls her mare ‘sexy’ and ‘sexy lady’, what is that all about 😫

CMcC

Visit site
My current favourite on Facebook is people asking for help to get their horse to stand at the mountain block or buying/selling a mountain block.
Oh and people not using capital letters for the name of said horse that won’t stand at the mountain block.

BeckyFlowers

Visit site
I don't overly mind spelling and grammar mistakes as not everyone can get their heads around it, and I think if people can understand them then it's no biggie (in informal circumstances, not professional ones). However I saw one yesterday that made me laugh. Someone described something that should be done 'altermatic'. Took me a while to understand that they meant 'automatic'. Not seen that one before!

luckyoldme

Visit site
Arghh! I'm dyslexic and have spent a LOT of time in my education working on spelling and grammar, to the point where I now almost have OCD about it.

The one that gets me is.....'does anyone no if.....'
Or random apostrophes everywhere!
All that work and now spelling mistakes are in fashion! Bet you didn't see that one coming.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
It's not being phased about things that I'm seeing a lot recently, though I suspect it's a genuine mistake people make and don't even realise that the word is fazed.

fburton

Visit site
In my schooldays, I had to write an essay "No talking aloud/allowed" in punishment for talking aloud in class, which wasn't allowed. That stood me in good stead for avoiding that particular spelling mistake. :)

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
Spelling test in J1. Teacher calls out words, and we're to write down the word.

My answer to one question: "pander".
To another question: "sent, scent, or cent".

Teacher did not like that...

Annagain

Visit site
All of the above and many more. I work in a field where I do a lot of proof reading and I'm a total grammar fascist. I have to stop myself correcting posts on Facebook all the time. Every birthday, I have at least one grammar related present. This was my card from my mum this year. The apostrophe is my particular bugbear (I have been known to rub them out on pub blackboards) although all sorts of things get to me. The confusion between less/fewer and number/amount also wind me up and different TO rather than different FROM as well as the usual there/their/they're; to/too and of course the delightful "could/should/would OF". It's not only you HC!
The thing that bugs me about "Delete if not aloud" is that admins are going to delete them anyway if they're not allowed, there's absolutely no point to saying it, even correctly :mad:.
1559894258043.png1559894258043.png

sportsmansB

Visit site
When did people start confusing 'of' with 'off' (sometimes with a should / would / could before it too!)
I have become accustomed to the where / were / wear and even an our / are but of and off?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
RE horse ads, I recently keep seeing 'sale' used instead of 'sell'.

PS - I know that my grammar and spelling are bad, but I do try to get it right and I am happy to be corrected as long as it is done kindly. :)

meleeka

Visit site
Another that annoys me every time I see it is “Am available to move dun heaps”. Ffs if it’s your business, you really ought to know how to spell the word.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
Saw "once there gone, there gone" on a Facebook page for quite a large local agri-merchants the other day. I don't mind so much when private individuals can't get it right but if you're a business, and not a small business, you need to give your head a wobble.

spacefaer

Visit site
Saw "once there gone, there gone" on a Facebook page for quite a large local agri-merchants the other day. I don't mind so much when private individuals can't get it right but if you're a business, and not a small business, you need to give your head a wobble.

and "give your head a wobble" HATE HATE HATE this phrase, along with "boils my piss" which is just an unnecessary and unpleasant image