Deliberately didn't show up to see a horse today.

LauraBR

Visit site
Called up about a mare today, woman said she had been sold. Thanked her and put phone down. Seconds later phone rang again- same woman- she actually had another horse for sale which she thought I might be interested in. Bought to bring on but baby had prevented her the time blah blah blah... he was practically sold apparently but people interested were mucking about so if I wanted to come and see him before tomorrow then I was welcome. She made a point of emphasising she was not a dealer (I didn't ask if she was), said she just had a big farm and didn't have time for them all.

Arranged to go over this evening after work. Then realised I hadn't asked how much she wanted for the horse... called back and a man answered. Told me the price and said she was bringing in another mare for me to try too. Hmmm- already faint alarm bells now ringing loudly.

E-mail horsey friend at work with womans name to see if she has heard of her- appears at my desk seconds later telling me this woman is a dealer as dodgy as they come and a complete liar.

Should have rung her really and told her I wasn't coming but hey ho, don't take kindly to being lied to so I hope she was inconvenienced by me not showing up.

Grrrr.

baybeejay01

community.webshots.com
When I read the title of this my hackles went right up!! But on reading the post GOOD FOR YOU!! (Just don't make it a hobby hey!)
crazy.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
(Just don't make it a hobby hey!)
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No intention of making it a hobby (?!), I get as hacked off as anyone else when I have a horse to sell and people don't turn up but at the end of the day what goes around comes around...
wink.gif

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
Pm me who she is please? I'm intregued!! Spell???
Just I had a similar conversation some months ago when trying to help my friend find a horse, my friend spoke to the lady and arranged to view. I rang for directions as I was the driver, asked a few more questions and was told a completely diff story!
What is it your looking for? I know of a few in to sell at my yard. The one I've got was my cousins but too small for him so I'm selling it for him.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
Quote 'When I read the title of this my hackles went right up!!'
me too but well done for going with gut instincts, I can't stand people like that. OK recently as I had two similar TBs for sale I said if you don't like X then why not have a look at Y but never have any more in than that but was honest saying that i bought them to sell and had no intention of keeping them for any period of time.