Denny Emerson book

Escapade

Visit site
Recently I've been visiting the Tamarack Hill Farm facebook page quite a bit, and after a glimpse on Amazon it turns out that Denny's had a book out for some time - 'How Good Riders Get Good'. Anyone read it? What were your thoughts?

I have a frightening number of horsey books on my wishlist, which my bank account cannot accommodate so I don't want to go ordering anything that's not up to much. If you have any other must-reads I'd love to hear about those too! I'm interested in everything from 101 exercises to the likes of Nuno Oliviera! Thanks in advance :)

NZJenny

Visit site
I found it at the library a few years ago now. There was some good stuff in there, but from memory there was quite a bit devoted to getting sponsors.

I have the 101 Schooling exercises and it's one of my go to books. Also reading Heather Moffat's book and a friend gave me one by Jane Savior which I am finding very useful.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
I've got all of the 101 books (schooling, jumping, dressage) and I'd choose either the schooling or jumping one. The dressage one is basically identical to the schooling one anyway.

I assume you've read 'Reflections on equestrian art' by Nuno Oliveira? You should if you haven't - amazing book. Also 'Complete Training of the Horse and Rider' by Alois Podhajsky. A lot of people swear by the Sylvia Loch books but I didn't enjoy 'The Balanced Horse' and found myself battling through it.

'Twisted Truths of Modern Dressage' by Philipe Karl is also interesting, though many people don't agree with his lightness training.

Escapade

Visit site
Thank you both!
I haven't read Reflections on Equestrian Art yet, but I'm glad you say that about it as I ordered it this morning! Getting 101 schooling exercises and the sj book by Paalman too. Will stick the others mentioned on to the wishlist for future splurges :)