Denver has 1 boob bigger than the other? Help!

lennysmith

Visit site
Baby thuglet was hurtling round the paddock last weekend and managed to cut the right hand side of his chest. Only about 2 cm long but a little deeper than I would have liked. Didn't rea;;y bleed and wasn't at all painful for him. The cut was clean but I cleaned it any way and have been cleaning it with hibi scrub and putting antiseptic on it twice a day.

The cut looks fine, however, it has really swollen up. He now has 1 big boob! Is this normal for a cut in this area being so fleshy? Or should i be worried about it?

It's not hurting him, and he's moving about fine. As I say the actual cut is fine. No mess, gunk etc. Nice clean healing cut.

Any advice?

lizzieuk1

Visit site
if its swollen there must be a reason, usually means there is some form of infection, could be a foreign body inside the wound thats being 'zoned' off by the bodyand poss an abscess may be forming, they don't always weep from the wound immediately as may be some healing has taken place first and the abcess is forming beneath it. think i'd get the vet anyway as may well need some antibiotics. sounds too big a swelling to just be scar tissue healing.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I agree, it could be an abcess developing underneath which is separate, it really would be worth checking with the vet and getting them to give him the once over as i would not have thought it should cause one 'boob' bigger than the other noticeably like you say, i really would get vet just for the once over if i were you.