Derby house dressage championships

rforsyth1984

Visit site
Does anyone know anything about the Derby House dressage championships, held at Osbaldeston at the end of september?

Given that I have now qualified for the prelim and novice, I have decided to go (transport arranged and everything!), but have no idea how its run?

Its on from the 27th till the 1st oct, but how many days am I likely to need to be there given that Im doing two tests?

And what tests are they likely to be... any idea when information about tests, times etc is posted out or displayed anywhere?

Also, whats the general standard - will it be people like myself, who have done well enough to qualify but are generally average, or will it be full of expert type dressagey people on fabulous warmbloods (for the prelim and novice)?

Any info would be much appreciated - I feel like a little fish in a very big pond!

Tempi

Visit site
im guessing that like with the Nationals they will send you out a card saying 'congratulations you've qualified' along with an entry card and the class/s you need to be entering. I dont think you'l get stiff competition as BD people go for the nationals and winters so i wouldnt worry too much xx

Good Luck
smile.gif

Farrieress

Visit site
Have you entered? You will be given a qualifying card where you qualified, you then have 7 days to enter and you will then recieve conformation of your entry, if you dont enter that place will be passed to the next person who was in your class x

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Firstly congratulations!

We go and watch most years and my friend qualified a few times before concentrating on affiliated.

The horses there range from M&M's to warmbloods, and the standard is again very variable but there are normally some very very nice combinations that make you wonder why they are not BDing as they seem to qualify for the DH champs every year.

You shouldn't feel out of place as people are on the whole friendly and not judgmental. It's a great atmosphere and the Barge's who run Osbaldeston try to make everyone feel very welcome.

Good luck and we may see you there
smile.gif