Dermobion

crystal

Visit site
Has anyone out there found a decent replacement for Dermobion yet? I have been using it for my horses mud fever and it is the only cream that works but now they have stopped making it I am struggling to keep it under control. My vet has tried Flamazine but this was no good as it is quite greasy. I am really at a loss as to what to try next so am desperate for any suggestions.
thanks alot....

star

Visit site
you could try Fuciderm - it's not licensed for horses, just dogs, but it contains similar ingredients to Dermobian and as there is no licensed alternative it is fine to use on horses.

Saf

community.webshots.com
Oh I have that and it works on cuts on my horse
cool.gif

miller

Visit site
I've got an Aussie one that's v similar - same colour and everything - will have a look later what it's called but it's not cheap. Comes in a glass jar about the size of a bottle of Vicks and it was £54 - brilliant though

Fiona

Visit site
My hubby just found this link today for a cpy in Ireland which seems to sell Dermobion, and the p7p might be a bit cheaper than getting the stuff from Australia

http://chanelleveterinary.com/ahcatalogue/d-g.htm

I haven't contacted them as yet, but the phone number is on the website.
No prices as far as I can see though.

Let me know how you get on if you ring them.

Fiona

wvfoxylady

Visit site
Fuciderm mentioned above is a very good alternative. You can only get it from your vet but its very quick acting and calms down inflammation and irritation very fast. Its not particulary expensive either. Works a treat on mine. I dont know why manufacturers keep taking such useful products off the market and dont make alternatives its very frustrating! x