Derriere performance padded panty - female

claireandnadia

Visit site
Hi all,

Have started a Sunday job at a yard, leading out the hacks which means currently 6/7 hours a day riding, soon to be 9/10 hours a day.

Looking for a pair of decent underwear to make my day more comfortable should I say haha and came across this brand. They are priced at around £35 and would need to go and have a look at a pair before I buy but just wondered if you could give me any reviews?

claireandnadia

Visit site
What about the padded cycling shorts? Or a good seat saver that you can swap from saddle to saddle?

I have to say I don't envy you :/!

Definately wouldn't get time to keep swopping saddle saver as we have a very short turnaround time so has to be something attached to me. Did think of padded cycling shorts but thought it might be too warm under breeches in the summer.

It's amazing as hacking all day long but I've got blisters in places I didn't think I'd get blisters which is odd as I'm on the 6th week and this is the first time it's happened but it was warmer.

Micropony

Visit site
Tried them. Once. They are a great idea but the edge of the garment was right on my seat bones and I got the most awful blisters. Have gone back to my M&S faithfuls!

w1bbler

Visit site
Learnt about this from a cyclist, get a pot of assos chamois creme, works wonders at stopping blisters. And make sure you wash your jods regularly as any bacteria can make the skin more prone to blisters

teapot

Visit site
M&S Autograph modal shorts are super comfy to ride in.

Also worth noting that the GB cycling team stopped shaving pre Rio as they were getting horrendous saddle sores...

Theocat

Visit site
Can't recommend. As a result of the padding I found they weren't stretchy enough and could feel them pulling on me when I walk around.

Try cheap cycling shorts, or stick to cheap ones - I definitely don't think these are worth the money!

ceva

Visit site
Hi all,

Have started a Sunday job at a yard, leading out the hacks which means currently 6/7 hours a day riding, soon to be 9/10 hours a day.

Looking for a pair of decent underwear to make my day more comfortable should I say haha and came across this brand. They are priced at around £35 and would need to go and have a look at a pair before I buy but just wondered if you could give me any reviews?

Hi I have two pairs of equitech maxi dressage pants they are brilliant look on ebay about £15.00
I always wear them when going on a long ride, no more bum blisters for me!!

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
I think it's quite a personal thing to find something comfy - my mother has a pair of the Derrieres which she used on a riding safari and found them very comfy. By contrast, I was just riding with customers in Rajasthan and a lady had chosen the Equetechs (as they were cheaper than Derrieres) but ended up with blisters.

Personally I'm a fan of good M&S knickers and Lanacane anti-chafing gel if needed, but usually just comfy knickers are sufficient! I think it's a case of trial and error. I ride some very long days on riding trips abroad and just wear normal M&S undies. :)

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
The key in my opinion is to wear something breathable so as to control sweat! If you get a sweaty bum then that's when it gets most uncomfortable. And Sussexbythesea - getting your stirrups the right length from the start will keep you comfy. :) Don't forget good sports bras!

claireandnadia

Visit site
I think it's quite a personal thing to find something comfy - my mother has a pair of the Derrieres which she used on a riding safari and found them very comfy. By contrast, I was just riding with customers in Rajasthan and a lady had chosen the Equetechs (as they were cheaper than Derrieres) but ended up with blisters.

Personally I'm a fan of good M&S knickers and Lanacane anti-chafing gel if needed, but usually just comfy knickers are sufficient! I think it's a case of trial and error. I ride some very long days on riding trips abroad and just wear normal M&S undies. :)

Yeah, few peeps have mentioned M&S knickers so I might see how I go with the Equetechs that I've got and also gets some M&S too next time I'm near the shop.
Need to get something sorted before this Sunday