Desperate attempt at finding - staffs/cheshire/derbyshire

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
Also in regional board, but more people here.
Please HELP, if you know of anything, anywhere remotely close enough to Uttoxeter, give me a shout, PM if you prefer
WANTED: yard to rent, preferably long term. Minimum 6 stables, arena on site or close by available to hire, grazing, electricity and water a must, with or without accommodation, within commutable distance to Uttoxeter. For sole use only, 8 horses in total, 3 of them yearlings. Good budget available for the right place, anything considered, including properties needing work. Professional couple with no children

martlin

I've seen this place, it's too far :( or more to the point, it would be too far for yard with no house and I can't find anything suitable housewise to rent around there. I can do up to 45 minutes from Uttoxeter, really, maybe stretch to an hour, but the place would have to be perfect.

Adopter

Visit site
There a number of equine suitable properties with land for sale in the Staffs Moorlands area, which is within 30 mins of Uttoxeter, can only suggest you try local agents to see if any would rent out as they have been on market for sometime.

If you were looking to buy you would have more choice.

Adopter

Visit site
There a number of equine suitable properties with land for sale in the Staffs Moorlands area, which is within 30 mins of Uttoxeter, can only suggest you try local agents to see if any would rent out as they have been on market for sometime.

martlin

Yes, and if I was looking in Lancashire, Wales or Cumbria to rent I would not have a problem either :)

spacefaer

Visit site
Lol, hunting is not something I do with my horses, but like to follow on foot from time to time :)

There's a fairly direct correlation between lack of houses and lots of open fields. .....

I've reached the edge of my geographical knowledge of equine rentals -we're further West

Have you put your search on local Facebook pages? I find them quite effective

martlin

There's a fairly direct correlation between lack of houses and lots of open fields. .....

I've reached the edge of my geographical knowledge of equine rentals -we're further West

Have you put your search on local Facebook pages? I find them quite effective

I think I have ads pretty much everywhere I can think of, know most of the farmers around Uttoxeter, search all the property sites daily, as well as doing random Google searches. Driving around is a bit tricky, as I currently live 90 miles away and have 8 horses to look after, so can't just disappear for a day :(

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Are you sure it over an hours journey, colleague of mine travelled from Uttoxeter to Crewe/Middlewich daily for work and managed with a young family, I do not think the journey took her that long.

I'd have to agree with this as we are the far side of Whitchurch and even, I with slow coach driving can be in Uttoxeter within an hour.

martlin

Yes, I'm sure when I take into consideration the A500 :) I actually also looked at a property near Whitchurch and unfortunately, the commute just isn't doable. Thing is, it's not me who has to commute, but my OH and I have to respect his wishes.
Both Middlewich and Moat Farm are also essentially yard shares with no accommodation, the former being on the expensive side.

martlin

martlin

There is also a bit smaller house with paddocks on same lane with same agent, just saw them driving by this morning!

I'll have a look, have you got a link, perhaps?

ETS: Never mind, I found it, it's not much smaller, has no stabling (but there is a jacuzzi) and is only £200 cheaper :(

Last edited: