devastated: my apprentice farrier has graduated!

kez81

Visit site
Lol warning totally selfish post: my farrier' s apprentice has been trimming my boys for years now and I have gotten a bit too used to his quiet ways and excellent hoof care. He is very much loved especially by my old boy so imagine how devastated we are that he is now all fully qualified and setting up on his own! How dare he leave us to cover his home area, doesn't he know the hour drive to us is so so worth it lol! The new apprentice is going to have to work hard to live up to his legend bless him. So if anyone in North Cornwall wants the name of a fabulous young farrier who is probably the quietest and most patient young man I have ever known, feel free to ask me.

Echo Bravo

Visit site
They don't always stay that way, the apprentice we had I would have said the best but he's come back several times to help out and I'm no longer impressed with his work.

kez81

Visit site
I have confidence he will stay good at his job as he is what I would describe as a farrier geek! He loves entering shoe making competitions and likes to keep up to date on hoof and leg care. I really hope he pops by every now and then to let us know how he gets on.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We were lucky that just as our fabulous farrier left the area, his partner's apprentice was due to qualify, that was 20 yrs ago and the apprentice is still our farrier. Any-one who read sister's post yesterday about the Appy's foot trimming will understand why!

kez81

Visit site
Makes me feel rather thankful that mine is now my farrier and he is just as good if not better! Sorry! :(
I'm very jealous! I should be grateful his instructor ( my good old farrier for donkeys years) hasnt taken any offence at my dismay at loosing this apprentice lol!