Devastated

Getbackboys

Visit site
hello, i am so so sorry for your loss, 2 months ago i arrived at the field to feed the boys and found my big lad down, he knickered to me and i ran to him and tried to get him up but couldnt, i called the vet and continued to try and get him up he sat up twice like a dog he ate a carrot he drank some water but couldnt get up, vet arrived we rolled him over numerous times but he still couldnt get up so i had to make the call, it killed me and i am still devastated at his loss, took a moment to lose him but a lifetime before i will forget him.

We dont really know why it happened, many things added incl where he was before being scared when the livery owner went into his field with a tractor and he ran around in the mud slipping and slidding and me finding him lame and lathered in sweat, i have a previous post of idiot livery yards.

Anyway i had him cremated, it gave me peace to have him close by although it is expensive.

i contacted an animal communicated called Sheryll Alison (thirdeye) on internet, she knew nothing about me or him but what she told me helped me try to find peace. i do suggest you search her and give her a try.

it is very hard and grieving takes a while and you are allowed to so dont feel like you cant. i am so sorry for you and your beloved horse. Do take care of yourself……..

fankino04

Visit site
So sorry for your loss, what I truly horrible thing colic is. I hope in time you can take comfort knowing that you were with her and your quick actions spared her unnecessary pain ((hugs))

IrishMilo

Visit site
So sorry for your loss. It sounds like she had a brilliant home with you, so hold onto that thought. She was a very lucky horse!

Laurac13

Visit site
So sorry ? colic is just awful I lost my heart horse to colic 16 years ago after the most amazing ride the day before, it’s such a shock, his ashes are buried at the yard where he lived. I send you lots of love and hugs at this devastating time, I hope it will be a comfort having your horse buried at your yard with their friends there xx

mustardsmum

Visit site
So sorry, sending gentle hugs and hope that the good memory of your last ride will in time override the memory of loosing her. Look after yourself. x

Lucky Snowball

Visit site
So sorry. I also lost my horse of a lifetime to colic. It still hurts. I feel for you and everyone else who has ever lost their best friend.

Cragrat

Visit site
It is such a shock - I am so sorry.

As others have said, you have the comfort of knowing you spotted it quickly and acted quickly, so she didn't suffer unnecessarily. And being able to bury her in the yard is lovely x

PurBee

Visit site
I’m so sorry to hear about your loss coblet - how shocking for you, you have my sympathies - despite the heartbreak youre feeling i hope you feel some relief that you had help there fast to relieve the colic pain. There’s not much to feel blessed about the loss of our dearest, but knowing the end was relatively quick and pain-free can lighten the heaviness a little.

Take good care of yourself, you’re supported by this HHO crowd if you need us , big hug,
X

Annagain

Visit site
So sorry CC. It's a terrible shock right now but I hope that, in time, you can take comfort in the fact she went so quickly and didn't suffer for long. This helped me when I lost my old boy in the same circumstances.
Sending hugs.