Devoucoux/custom fit saddles, any experiences good or bad please?

HuntingPink

Visit site
I'm in the market for a custom fit saddle and really wanted a Lauriche but they're not available anymore which is a real shame.

I was interested in Devoucoux but have heard lots of bad things about their customer service so don't really want to give them my money if I'm going to end up without a saddle at the end of it (see this thread http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=187433 ).

The other option I've been thinking about it the high end treeless saddles that I've heard good things about.

Any info anybody? Thnx

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
If you want any info on Solution treeless saddles then feel free to pm me. You've probably already seen the website www.solutionsaddles.com
smile.gif

I will never use anything else on any of my horses.

funkyfilly_92

Visit site
my friend bought one in august at blair ! and she ratehr small and has a large horse ! and shse bought a small devacouxs one with a seat for her sell and she was ment to ge it in december and she got it and it didnt fit . so had to sned it back so they could get her anothe ron lol after her aiting three mopnth for it to come !! i dont hink she was inmpressed neithier would i be at the price of it !! 2,500!!

nessie1288

Visit site
My daughter has just bought a Devoucoux Chiberta and it fits her and both her horses. They were very quick to come and do the fitting and it arrived exactly when promised. I cant say that anything wasn't excellent about it and the service. She has a Butet dressage saddle which was second hand but sat in a Devoucoux one at Olympia and says it was fab, just needs to save up now!!!
smile.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Devoucoux are lovelly saddles but I had a bad experience with the fitting. (This was a jumping) The fitter clearly was not as knowledgable as I felt she should be and kept telling ,me my saddle fitted when it blatently didn't. Very dissapointed had to sell second hand in the end would not recommend them for fitting although if the saddle does fit your horse they are fab to sit in!

KatB

Visit site
Agree with Sarah Jane, Devoucoux are fantastic "riders" saddles, but not always so great for horses....
How about trying someone like Barnsby? They will make you a saddle to order, exactly how you want it. Their fitters are also excellent.

Visit site
I had a Devoucoux made for my previous horse. I loved it, and the horse went beautifully in it. The issues I had with Devoucoux were that:

1) when I ordered it, they promised the saddle would be ready within 8 weeks. It took 4 months for it to come.

2) When I called Devoucoux to enquire about the saddle and when they were going to send it to me, they were very rude on the phone - I got nowhere speaking to these people, and juswt had to sit and wait months for it to come

3) When the saddle finally arrived, it was packaged in a cardboard barrel and was posted to the stable. The Devoucoux rep did not come out to out to check the fit of the saddle, and actually never heard from him again.

4) There was no after care, no checks of the saddle etc after purchasing it

If you can handle the lack of service and the incorrect delivery estimates...(and have a saddle to use in the meantime), then by all means go with Devoucoux. It was really a fantastic saddle. I would buy another one, but they have just increased prices to almost £3000 for a new one (as of Jan 2009). But really, it was a fab saddle - for me and the horse. I tried one recently on my new horse, and he went beautifully in it - his trot was so long - it was like an extended trot with no effort - there is incredible freedom in the shoulder for the horse. The new dressage model is a Mendia, and has slightly sticky surfaces, so that the rider really stays put.