Devoucoux saddles?

Mojo-dtxo

Visit site
Has anyone had any experiences with devoucoux saddles? I am looking for a new dressage for my horse, currently ridden in a Albion SLK I think? Spoke to the saddle fitter at the tack shop near me and sat in some of the saddles he recommended, fell in love with the Fairfax Rebecca saddle which he is going to bring out for me along with an Albion and a few others to try on my horse. Have been recommended devecoux by a friend and seen the devoucoux Makila saddle and I really want to try one! Have never had any experience with these saddles though and it is over £1000 more expensive than the fairfax, so just wondering if anyone has used these saddles or had any opinions on them, thanks!

Epequestrian

Visit site
The eventer I work for is sponsored by them so when ever I ride I’m always in them, I absolutely love them! I ride some very weirdly built horses that I know from previous experience I wouldn’t get on with, but the saddle makes them feel 10x more comfier! 100% reccomend them, although I would definitely keep your options open as you might prefer another style of saddle!

Mojo-dtxo

Visit site
The eventer I work for is sponsored by them so when ever I ride I’m always in them, I absolutely love them! I ride some very weirdly built horses that I know from previous experience I wouldn’t get on with, but the saddle makes them feel 10x more comfier! 100% reccomend them, although I would definitely keep your options open as you might prefer another style of saddle!

Great thank you! 😁

TheMule

Visit site
The Makila is a lovely saddle and there are some reasonably priced 2nd hand ones around. I won't ride in anything else for dressage now, mine cost about £650, it's old but lovely

Goldenstar

Visit site
The problem with a Devoucoux is adjusting them but they are super comfy for the rider .
I have the Rebecca in fact I have two for me it was love at first sit and they fit my horses well I it would always be my go to now .
I sold two of my Albion’s dressage saddles and bought two Fairfaxs .
That’s what you need to achieve if you can a saddle that fits your horse that you sit on and think wow that fits me well .

Mojo-dtxo

Visit site
The problem with a Devoucoux is adjusting them but they are super comfy for the rider .
I have the Rebecca in fact I have two for me it was love at first sit and they fit my horses well I it would always be my go to now .
I sold two of my Albion’s dressage saddles and bought two Fairfaxs .
That’s what you need to achieve if you can a saddle that fits your horse that you sit on and think wow that fits me well .

That’s helpful thank you, that’s the only concern I have with the devoucoux saddles and also heard mixed reviews about the foam/latex flocking🤔 I think I will just have to try one 👍

gunnergundog

Visit site
Also, the after sales service is pretty crap - or at least it was six years ago when I finally gave up on them and sold mine. If you are someone with a big yard and loads of horses/saddles, you get the service, if you are Joe Bloggs with one horse/saddle they don't want to know. I stress this was the case up to six years ago....things may well have changed - hopefully for the better.

Scarlett

Visit site
I had a Makila, it was a dream to ride in however although it was checked and looked like it fitted it gave my horse a sore back. I tried to get a Dev fitter out to adjust it but the local ones weren't interested and the one who finally agreed to come out was going to charge an extortionate amount. I sold it after that and bought an Equipe which I know I can have adjusted easily (I have Equipe jump saddles) and horses back issues have cleared up.

I've always ridden in latex/foam panelled saddles, all my saddles are, and I have never had any of my horses get a sore back in any other saddle. I've heard similar stories since selling mine, thought I do also have a friend with a Dev jump who has no issues so theres always positives too!

Moral of the story is be careful of the fit :)

SillySausage

Visit site
Their customer service is still rubbish.

I had a very much second hand saddle repaired, asked for a price etc to have it done as was told it wouldn't be expensive but no ball park figure given.

It was returned and followed up with a bill for £100 (to add a screw which was missing only) including a £45 delivery charge. It was collected by their rep (who had about 30 saddles in her van) and returned by a generic company who I have used to sell a stock saddle which was three times as heavy for £19.99 next day delivery.

I tried to challenge the bill, but couldn't get hold of anyone to speak to, they passed me from pillar to post and I even ended up going to a rep from a different region, still with no luck. They have bombarded my previous place of work with invoices and I felt like I was backed in a corner and had to pay.

I'm so bitter about the whole thing I am going to sell my jump saddle and never look at one again...