Diamante brow bands on a gelding - yes or no?

Which of the following words describe hunting?

• Total voters

saskia295

Visit site
I guess it depends on the horse and how much diamante. If it's subtle then it can look ok, but if it's too much, it just looks tacky!

Have you seen Carl Hester's horse, bling? He has a subtle browband sometimes which isn't too much. Going OTT can be cringworthy though!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
They look disgusting and cheap on any horse, very tacky (excuse the pun!
smirk.gif
)

HeatherAda

Visit site
oh I'm a bit torn. see i like them as a rule. but my fella isn't at all girly and is a bit of a grumpy man. so maybe it's a no for him. we're really getting into dressage at our riding club and it's new to me. there's a photographer coming to the next comp so I'm thinking of ways to make us look spot on. decisions decisions.

if anyone has a pic of their burling gelding sporting a diamond or too it would be nice to see.

Kate260881

Visit site
Nooooo... sorry, just don't like them. Think they look tacky. But then maybe I have double standards as I just bought all of Penny's new rugs in pink
crazy.gif
I had the common sense to get her riding stuff in respectable colours though.

khan

Visit site
both my boys have them, they are mascluline and confident enough! one of them also has a pink sheepskin numnah (but i am a browbandaholic and numnahaholic).

all the ones i have are nice and subtle though
wink.gif

Missmac

Visit site
If i put anything pretty on Charlie he deliberately trashes it. Got given a pink lead rein and he would stand tied up in the yard chewing it. Took him just over a fortnight to destroy it. his black one on the other hand he doesnt touch!
If I put a diamante brow band on him I dont think he would talk to me ever again!!

MontyandZoom

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
YES YES YES
grin.gif

My gelding has one, he also has a pink saddle cloth
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoop whoop! Mine too! His saddlecloth is also personalised and he has matching pink boots!

Tinker_Belle

Visit site

Hmmm, think it depends on the horse. I like it if it has a tiny touch of sparkle but mine just looks silly in anything other than dark tone velvet or plain leather.

Definitely agree that it can look really good on some though
laugh.gif

SO1

Visit site
My pony has a big white stripe and is a very manly bay new forest with a huge forehead and lots of fur. I got him the sweetist diamante browband it is has different colour crystals and a little heart in crystals in the middle. I am also an adult in my 30's in case you were thinking it was for a child's pony. He does not look silly just sweet and cuddly. It sort of suits him as he is so lovable.