Did my prelim 4

samp

Visit site
I woke up yesterday not expecting what the day would hold. I had entered a prelim 4 competition and we were undecided til the last point whether we'd go. Now my horse can be a nightmare to load so we left plenty of time. To my suprise she went up the ramp, travelled brillantly. Dad led her around whilst I changed and she was rather tense. In the indoor school there were birds flying around that she spooked at. However, having issues with cantering she was fine. When it came to the test it was outdoors in a sodden school, as soon as we went in we were spookign at everything and tense. I could not get her to accept a contact and she felt the worst ever. I got 59.75% and the jude said she was lovely looking with potential paces just needs to accept the bridle more, not hollow and relax. She even loaded home. I am still kicking myself for my poor test, however on the plus side she did everything required and without a single fight

samp

Visit site
Thanks, it was totally grim just glad we had an indoor school to warm up in at least. Better get back to my dressage trainer I think!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Well done, i bet your pleased she loaded so well too.

Its always the case that they load straightaway when you have lots of extra time to spare!!

samp

Visit site
I was so pleased on the loading and dad was well chuffed on everything. Our previous horse was a nightmare to warm up etc. At least hr feet remained and the floor and there was no threats to rear. I am very self critical and a perfectionist - pain I know but thanks Joella I won't be so hard on myself