Difference between Albion Platinum Ultima & Platinum Royale

HunTheBun

Visit site
Hello,

I might be being a bit thick here but I am trying to work out the differences between the Ultima and Royale.

I am having great difficultly find a saddle to fit me AND my cob. He has quite a shapely back for a cob however does need something that doesn't have to sit in a dip if you understand me?!

I am very small at 5ft 1" but ride with a very long leg and find that my knees barely meet the knee rolls on many English dressage saddles, let alone the blocks and I find narrow twists surprisingly uncomfortable - I like to be awkward!

I sat in an Albion about a week ago on another horse, which I think was the SLK Ultima. It was fab so I have been having a peek at the ultima saddles. My local saddlers only has the Royale though and I wondered what main differences are?

Many thanks x

kirstie

Visit site
The price!!! ;)

I have the platinum ultima and I love it, very comfortable, horse moves well in it and it is supportive.

The Royale is just more expensive because it has different visual features and more expensive leather, as far as I am aware, they are very similar practically.

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have the royale and love it it comes with a narrow or wider twist so if you go for one make sure you the one that's right for you.
Mine has already been back to Albion for head change as the horse built up at an alarming rate once he got in a saddle he was really happy in that was the main reason I chose it the interchangeable head.