'Different' way of overcoming fear of cows....

LauraBR

Visit site
The only problem I have had with new boy is that he is really scared of all the cows (of which there are a LOT) at my yard. Terrified.

Tried leading him round a field with some in... riding past with a lead horse... he is genuinely frightened
crazy.gif

Anyway, had FAB schooling session followed by great long hack with another horse. Lovely (having fun with horses coming back to me lol)!

On the lane (through the farm on the way home) we spot a load of cows in the lane right near the farm. Realise they have escaped from somewhere and have full run of farm!!!!! (HUGE farm, you can hack out for 2 hours in it)

Enlist cowgirl skills lol! We rounded the braver cows out of the fields back onto the lane (me on horse scared of cows)... then friend went for 'help' while I guarded the exits... then we both herded them into another field.

Well done Sam- cow fear cured lol.

Have posted a few pics too...

Before we set off
1-1.jpg

2.jpg

And one in which I look DREADFUL and he doesn't look great either... but first pic you have seen (and only one I have) with me actually 'on'...
aug26048.jpg

Iestyn

Visit site
You both look very relaxed together! Have you not got a social life? On here on a Saturday night!!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

ruscara

Visit site
What a super boy, to get over his fear like that!
I don't think you look dreadful at all, in fact you both look great. But how can you ride in jeans? I just can't, it hurts
blush.gif

meandmyself

Visit site
I wanna see the riding pic too!

I love your new lad- he's just fabby! He's now called 'Sam the wonder horse!' for reminding you that riding is fun!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

matthew

Visit site
i saw that post and it really made me giggle-i used to have a t/b gelding who was homebred and lived on a farm his whole life, but he was absolutly petrified of cows! combines, tractor,sprayers no problem - but i could not get him passed a cow, he would rear straight up and nap, he would just about go passed if i hopped of and lead him (not great i know) but i was only 13 and he was 16.2!!!! well done for managing to get him over his fear!!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Not a lot to say except it makes me smile reading your posts these days which are so positive and happy. After all the trauma and worry it's great to see you happy and confident again, I really do like this new horse, he has a kind eye and is a super looking chap too. Long may the new partnership flourish!