difficult hack

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I was out hacking my boy today (he's 8)
wink.gif
and things were going fine ... enjoyin a nice hack with my friend who was riding my other boy. We were passing an entrance to a field which I noticed was open - not normally so. First of all a whole herd of cows start bombin it out of the gate. My boy is terrified thinkin - "oh my god whats happening!!"
confused.gif
confused.gif
My other friend not that experienced is nervous and gets really worried but my other boy bombproof just stands there talking to cows while I start bombin it down the road. lol
smile.gif
Then just when I think I have him under control and start to calm him. His breathing goes back to normal and suddenly a whole load of pheasants jump out the bush and he's like "oh my god going to die!!!". He rears up and I attempt to calm him again. Shaking he trots back up the road. Then a whole load of people burning across the field in a truck with a loud engine and music come roaring up towards the gate.
mad.gif
So off we turn back down the road again this time with a little buck. My other boy still unphased by any of this (thank heaven).
smile.gif
Woman jumps off truck comes up to me and shouts "Look do you want me to lead him for you" in really sarcastic tone. I'm like "No thanks, everything fine - if you switch your engine off and music whilst we pass everthing will be fine." She goes off on one and shouts"God thats rediculous! can't you ride?"
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
So with leg yielding most of the way and towing my friend behind (other boy didn't want to go after this) I manage to get past. Why are some people so rude??

Sorry for long post thanks if you got this far
grin.gif

dwi

Visit site
Sounds like you did well. We'd have been half way home of half of that happened

I had to get off and lead today because I'm discovering that Daisy has a phobia of car headlights.

I suggest finding where the people with the truck live and sitting outside having a picnic with really loud music to see if it bothers them

Happytohack

Visit site
Think you and your new boy did really well! Why is it that just coz we are on a horse, people think it gives them a god given right to be rude. Would they be rude to some one jogging or dog walking for instance? don't think so.

missshell

Visit site
Sounds like you did great in the situation.
i would have wanted to clock the woman one though. My god how rude!! Some people are just clueless.

connemaras

www.thekarluksiberianhuskies.com
i know loads of people are rude down by me, my friend was takin my boy out for a hack the other day, he was as good as gold, goin down a bridle way and then a farmer comes out and tells her to get off his land whihc is actually a bridle way and clearly stickin to tracks, i then met him y.day in his landrover as he drove past he revved his engine and sped off!! soo many rude people, which is why i am soo tempted to say or do somthing back!!

Dogbetty141

Visit site
You just have to try and ignore people like that that its the idiots that drive past you at 50 miles an hour when your horse spooks at something that frightens me too. I know how horrible it must have been ive had an episode like that before i had to get off and walk him 2 miles home as he would not calm down and is better behaved and for some reason feels safer when I walk at the side of him. Not ideal but he was not going to calm down.

Rude people are the worst and they take pleasure in seeing you having trouble with your horse.