Digital Camera

Emma123

Visit site
For my 18th I'm allowed a digitcal camera so are there any recommendations on half decent digital cameras that would take a picture of the horse over a fence (not with a 2 second delay and you end up guessing when to take it!), so one which instantly takes the picture when you press the button?

Or ones to avoid? Thanks
smile.gif

TGM

Visit site
I've got a Nikon D-50 which is brilliant for action shots - no noticeable time delay at all. However, it is a digital SLR so might be bulkier and pricier than you really want.

SJFAN

Visit site
As one who's used an SLR for jumping shots for many years, I'd recommend opting for a digital video camera instead. I bought a Panasonic NV GS 150 (a bargain from www.amazon.co.uk) in Feb this year and was delighted at how easy it is to use, and much lighter than the SLR with zoom lens. It can also be used for stills if you get a photo card - I've not done this yet - you can of course get a still from your video output.

vic07

Visit site
we have a canon. super zoom. fantastic for outdoors - with a 12 time optical zoom. It isn't as good indoors - but still does a good movie. You can get it online for about £280. Really fab camera and takes very sharp clear shots. Can post an example if it helps.

teapot

Visit site
If you're looking for a good off the high street type - I've got a Kodak Easyshare, it's one of the LS series, so they've been updated (had it 2 years now) and it's really good. So can recommend the Kodaks

Took this photo with it

Emma123

Visit site
Yep, i think the Nikon D-50 is out of the price range im afraid! And would like one slightly smaller to take out and about. I was thinking about getting a digital video camera (my family has one but its really bulky) but my auntie refuses to video because she likes to watch me instead, so thought a picture over one fence was a compromise?!

Ill look into the others suggested thanks very much for your help!

vic07

Visit site
I think this camera bridges a gap between the normal and the slr. It has lots of functions which are helpful for the action shots. It also has no delay.

vic07

Visit site
canon powershot s3 IS. we bought it from purely gadget as it was the cheapest available at the time. Think it was about £400 at high street shops.