Dilemma - haircut or racehorse?

Orangehorse

Visit site
I have been so looking forward to my hair appointment, made weeks ago. And then! The racehorse I have a miniscule share in is running at my nearest racecourse on the same day. The race is early so I won't be able to do hair and then go, the two absolutely clash.

What do I do? Will my hairdresser ban me for ever if I cancel? If I go to the races will I bring bad luck to "my" horse (all too likely!)
Can I even go to the races with my hair looking like this?

Owners' tickets are in a ballot, so I wouldn't even know until nearly the last minute if I can go.

Help, help.

Visit site
You will know at least 24 hours in advance, if not 48 hours in advance of the race due to covid restrictions and health questionnaires etc. So you have a little leeway.

Orangehorse

Visit site
You will know at least 24 hours in advance, if not 48 hours in advance of the race due to covid restrictions and health questionnaires etc. So you have a little leeway.

I think I'll try to get a ticket and warn the hairdresser. I don't know when I will get another appointment though.

Evie91

Visit site
Racehorse! I too had a tiny share and the one time I went to watch her at the races ...she won!!! Literally my dream come true- got to go into the middle bit as she was walked around before the race, had my photo taken in the winners enclosure and drank fizz in the owners lounge!!!
’owning’ a race horse had always been on my bucket list - fab experience, from visiting the stables, watching horse on the gallops, fab trainer- really made to feel welcome and loved going to the races. Thinking of having another share soon. So race horse all the way! You can get hair done another time!

fetlock

Visit site
Racehorse.
No one will notice your manky hair.

I have a weeny share in three and am loving it. One has won twice since January, another is having a first outing tomorrow and the third one probably later this month.

KEK

Visit site
Definitely racehorse, but not sure anyone on this forum will tell you otherwise, lol. Have fun!
I'd love to have a share in a 3DE horse, wish they did that..

neddy man

Visit site
Ring your hairdresser and explain why you need to change your appointment with a bit of luck she might be able to get someone to swap times with you. (Racehorse YES )

Baccara

Visit site
Slightly of topic. But I once had a share in a racing greyhound. I use to go all the timeto watch her race, and she lost. The only time she won, I wasnt there. Only a thought!:)

Annagain

Visit site
Change the appointment now, regardless of the ballot. Even if you don't get to go, your hair can wait a day or two. Even if she's fully booked, I'm sure she'd find someone who's desperate and would be willing to swap for an appointment a few days earlier.

ArklePig

Visit site
I definitely don't belong on this forum, there's not much I'd choose over a haircut these days! But I'm glad you might get to go to the races with a new do. What luxury.