Dilemma

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
At the riding stables on saturday it all came out about us getting two cobs to share. Not everyone knows, but a few of the saturday helpers do. They all congratulated us, and are helping us think up names!

Anyways, a couple of hours later, these two girls turned up. To be honest, I really can't stand them. They just... Gah. They're both several years younger then me, but are really spoiled (private school, getting eventing horses when they turn 14, riding lessons three times a week) and treat me like I'm some sort of idiot. They try to tell me how to tack up(!), they sort of push in front of me when I'm grooming and start doing it themselves, and they're rude and can be mean to my little sister. But I reckon that's just the way they've been brought up, and would never say anything to anyone there.

Thing is, they found out about the cobs, and were seriously hinting that they'd like to ride. I know that if I let them come once it'll end up being like... Every week. So, what should I do? I don't particularily want them on our horses, but would feel horrible... I know what it's like not even being able to think of having your own pony! Should I just not mention it again? Make excuses? Or just let them ride? Hope I don't sound snobby
frown.gif

-Mid

Tia

Visit site
If the horses are only "shared" to you then it is the owner who says who can ride and who can't. You just say no to them because you don't want the responsibility of anything happening to the horses.

filly190

Visit site
The answer I would say, would be no. I would word it, so there's no upset, ie the horses need to get used to their owners and establish a routine, we need time to get a bond going and by allowing others to ride would not be fair etc.

pixie

Visit site
Didn't you already say that there were 5 of you sharing them? You'll have enough time squabling over who rides/does chores etc between you, let alone with those other 2 girls. And I thought that they had their own ponies anyways?

Accy

Visit site
If you dont want them to ride then say No and stick to it, they dont sounds very nice anyway so why worry what they think

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
They're getting horses in a year, when they're tall enough to get a horse, rather then a pony.

There's five in my family (all horsy) and we don't know how many people will be in the sharer's family xD

Thanks guys
laugh.gif
I don't feel guilty anymore!

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Tell them nicely that they are not insured to ride your horses and that you parents wouldnt want to take the risk of being sued if anything happened.