dilemma

Ibblebibble

Visit site
could be a long one so make a cuppa and take a pew;)
a few years ago i was gifted a horse by someone i was friendly with on a horse forum, she'd had him since a foal but had lost her nerve so was never going to do anything with him, he was unbroken when i got him at 6. Things were ok to start with but then due to various squabbles between her and some other forum members which i stupidly got involved with things turned sour:( We fell out big time and lots of things were said on both sides, both blaming eachother .
Now time has passed and i've not had any contact with her, I've deliberately not spoken about the horse involved on the internet so that i can't accidentally start the whole thing up again.
Now my dilemma is this, horse is now broken in (finally:eek: ) and we've started hacking around the farm and he's doing well. Part of me feels that it would be decent of me to track her down (she's moved since i had horse and i've deleted all emails etc) and let her know that horse is fine and doing well. i feel that she was kind enough originally to gift me her horse who she'd brought up from a foal, she trusted me to look after him and do more with him than she felt able to.
Then there's a little part of me that really doesn't want to risk awakening all those bitter feelings and arguments that caused us to fall out, i also don't want to try and be 'friends' as i think there's probably too much water under the bridge for that.
Hubby understands why i feel i want to make contact but he's worried that things will end up in a mess again so says to just leave it, i agree with him for about a day then i start thinking that if i was her I'd want to know how the horse was doing.:confused:

advice and thoughts please oh wise HHOers, i really am going from one side to the other on this, some opinions from uninvolved people would be really helpful:)

another cuppa for all those who made it this far!! would offer something stronger as it's well deserved but i don't drink!!:eek:

myhorsefred

Visit site
Could she still contact you if she wanted to know how the horsie is? is you email address, home address the same, etc?
If your details are the same, I would be content to know that if she wanted to contact you, she could.

Very good of you to want to let her know, though.
x

sandi_84

Visit site
Do you have proof of ownership? If you do, I'd get in touch (if you can) if you want to, at least she won't be able to take the horse back. If she starts being difficult you can always cut contact again?

mulledwhine

Visit site
I think you should leave well alone :(

As above, if she wanted to know she would contact you, and perhaps she might think you were rubbing here nose in it!!!

I do think you are right to think you should let her know, and it would eat away at me aswell, but I stand by what I previously said xx

sandi_84

Visit site
Could she still contact you if she wanted to know how the horsie is? is you email address, home address the same, etc?
If your details are the same, I would be content to know that if she wanted to contact you, she could.

Very good of you to want to let her know, though.
x

Actually this is better advice ^ :eek:

Ibblebibble

Visit site
good point, no my address isn't the same now nor my email , we fell out so spectacularly that we both swore we'd rather die than talk top eachother again:eek: i don't think she would try to contact me, i will always be the evil person who took her horse and then turned on her:(

flying solo

Visit site
I agree with myhorsefred too, not everyone actually cares and she might think your being smug because you can do something she couldn't. (get on and back the horse)

I an in no way stating such a thing but people can be bitter and nasty x

Ibblebibble

Visit site
I agree with myhorsefred too, not everyone actually cares and she might think your being smug because you can do something she couldn't. (get on and back the horse)

I an in no way stating such a thing but people can be bitter and nasty x

i'd not even thought of it that way!!! even though my details have changed I'm sure she could find me as easily as i could find her.............