Dingle Ireland beach ride

anj789

Visit site
Anyone have any experience of the yards that offer day hacks & beach rides in Dingle? Going there in June & fancy a gallop on a beach - the reason my OH learned to ride!

kerry1

Visit site
Im not that far from Dingle and our riding club has done a beach ride there although I didnt go on it myself - to my knowledge theres two stables there; one is Dingle horse riding and the other is Longs - our club went to Dingle horse riding and think they enjoyed it pretty much - think there was a fair bit of roadwork but perhaps that depends on the duration of hack booked - the one remark they made was that a hot whiskey had never tasted better in the pub after - it didnt stop raining (which is a very regular occurence down here in kerry!) There is another couple of places in Maharees, Castlegregory (think the're called Goodwins and OConnors)(there is also a watersports centre there -banana boat, surffing etc) and are situated very close to the beach - I would be very careful when booking because we get lots of tourists down here and you could get stuck with a couple of hours plodding along with a group of beginners! Anyway hope you have fun!