DIP joint injection

Orchard14

Visit site
I’m hoping someone on here can help jog my memory. My horse was lame a while back with damage to the lateral collateral ligament in the DIP joint. Box rest wasn’t very effective on its own and so the vet suggested we get a bit more aggressive with it and try an injection which he claimed was effective but quote “not the cheapest”.
Luckily we have insurance because it really worked for my horse who was only given a 30% chance of future soundness and now he’s back being ridden.
My friend has had her horse diagnosed with a similar injury and I wanted to suggest she ask her vet about this injection. Thing is I can’t remember the name of it and I can’t find the relevant invoice to check the name or price! I remember him saying it was like a plastic and it was injected straight into the coffin joint.

Anybody have a clue what it might have been? I’m hoping once someone says it it will ring a bell.

I know I could just ring my vets and ask but the office is closed now and it’s really bugging me. I may call them tomorrow if nobody knows it.

Thanks!

Orchard14

Visit site
Hmmm...not sure but it may well have been. It was a soft tissue injury and arthramid sounds like it’s targeted at arthritis/bones

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
I’m hoping someone on here can help jog my memory. My horse was lame a while back with damage to the lateral collateral ligament in the DIP joint. Box rest wasn’t very effective on its own and so the vet suggested we get a bit more aggressive with it and try an injection which he claimed was effective but quote “not the cheapest”.
Luckily we have insurance because it really worked for my horse who was only given a 30% chance of future soundness and now he’s back being ridden.
My friend has had her horse diagnosed with a similar injury and I wanted to suggest she ask her vet about this injection. Thing is I can’t remember the name of it and I can’t find the relevant invoice to check the name or price! I remember him saying it was like a plastic and it was injected straight into the coffin joint.

Anybody have a clue what it might have been? I’m hoping once someone says it it will ring a bell.

I know I could just ring my vets and ask but the office is closed now and it’s really bugging me. I may call them tomorrow if nobody knows it.

Thanks!
Is it PRP (platelet rich plasma) https://oakhamvethospital.co.uk/equine-treatments/equine-prp-platelet-rich-plasma

Orchard14

Visit site
I think you might have got it hopscotch! I don't recognise the name but the procedure sounds similar and I remember it taking quite a while to do. Thanks all for your responses. I have the vet back out for vaccs on Tuesday so I will double check with him just to settle my head. I do think he had HLA as well as 4x Cartrophen during his treatment as he went quite stiff on long term box rest.