Dirty Mares

coedcae

Visit site
Does anyone know what the chances of getting a successful conception, in terms of percentages, with a mare with a uterine infection?
My mare is a maiden, has good vulval conformation and has been 'covered' only by AI twice this year. After the 2nd insemmination she was scanned at 15 days and the vet thought she might have conceived but was losing it. She was scanned at 19 days and was definitely not in foal. She then had a swab done that is positive, I'm sorry I have forgotten what it tested positive for, but she has endometritis. I'm just wondering what my chances are of getting her in foal, whether it is worth perservering.

sallyf

Visit site
With the correct covering and after covering procedures many of these mares do take in foal.
The Stud ,stud vet and there capabilities are usually the deciding factors here.
Oh and also a stallion that is good at getting difficult mares in foal.
Some stallions semen will just not survive getting through the debris.

Chambon

www.picturetrail.com
One of my mares had a post foaling infection this year and following treatment from a good stud vet, she is hopefully in foal again.

My advice is don't mess about with local vets, take her to a proper stud vet who really knows what they are doing.

coedcae

Visit site
Thanks, that's good to hear as she is at stud now, my only regret is that I didnt take her there in the first place