Disinfectant - which one?

Jasper151

Visit site
Given the potential threat of flu and working on various private yards, I need to ensure I am taking good precautions. I am in an area with a confirmed case, but not nearby. I have plenty of spare gloves so can have a pair per yard, along with clothing I can ensure that I change between yards. I would however like to be able to wear my everso confortable wellies! So I am looking for disenfectant recommendations that will not compromise the integrity of the rubber. I wear agile pancours so given their cost I wouldn’t want to have to replace them.

My poor washing machine is going to be in overdrive!

Visit site
Buy a cheap pair if wellies and use virkon or Kilco make a disinfectant called Virex that we use on the yard for the stables and trucks. A cheap pair of wellies you can afford to ditch in 6 weeks time.

HBB

Visit site
Virkon or Fam 30, cheap wellies, a good stiff hand brush for scrubbing boots and keep a small knapsack sprayer made up in your car. It's always be best to be seen to be doing something proactive. Boiler suit or cheap disposable overalls. Spray boots & scrub on arriving and leaving, also spray vehicle wheels and arches when leaving a yard.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
We used Steri-7 on our yard when we had a single isolated case of strangles a year ago. It allegedly has a 14 day reactive barrier technology. It does viruses, bacteria etc. We had no spread so our biosecurity measures worked.