Displaying rosettes - how do you do yours?

hussar

Visit site
This being a non-horsey household apart from me, my rosettes have been confined to our tiny downstairs loo, hanging on strings between nails. Now the loo's been redecorated and my rosettes are languishing in a box - I want to have them out again (especially as Senior Horse has now retired and won't be getting any more) but OH doesn't fancy the strings/nails scenario again. How do you guys display yours if you have them at home and not at the yard?

ExRacers

Visit site
Have to say I am VERY self indulgent and pin mine to nice cork boards which are hanging in the kitchen so that I can look at them every morning when I am having my breakfast at the ungodly hour of 5.30am before going to do the 2 boys before work!!! It's nice to relive the good moments!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

vivhewe

Visit site
I hung mine once by getting a load of plaiting bands and looping them through eachother to make a long string, then you can put the pin of the rosette through the plaiting bands.

You just have to find something to hang the top one off
crazy.gif

Mine are all stuck in a box at the moment too though
frown.gif
- waiting til I get my stables up and then they're going in the tackroom!
smile.gif

darksided

Visit site
I don't have very many cos I don't have a horse, so not much oppurtunity to compete.
But I've managed to fill up a notice board in my bedroom, some blu-tacked, the others hooked over old shoe laces between drawing pins :p

Tia

Visit site
Mine live in a polythene bag somewhere - not sure why I bother to take them home as I never look at them again.

SSM

Visit site
With my 'haul' from this season - all 15
grin.gif

We have bought one of those 'deep' box type frames from Ikea, have ordered my favorite photo of my girl from the summer and we are putting them all in the frame with 2006 on - will take a photo when we finally get around to putting them in!

Oaksflight

Visit site
SJ I used to know did that, she had her best framed with professional photo. Mine are hung in between pirate flags all around my room, don't ask why, I haven't changed it since I was about 12!

mandy4727

Visit site
I only display the current years and the rest are just stuffed in a box somewhere. Daughters are on string from picture to picture in her bedroom. But when I was younger. My dad hung a massive cirular rug on the wall. It was made out of like woven straw. And I put them on there with normal pins in a spiral starting in the centre of the rug with the nicesest biggest rosette and putting them in a spiral effect around this nice rosette working to the outside of the rug. It looked okay as only on 1 wall and kept them all together.

SSM

Visit site
All my teenage years rossettes where in a trunk with all my 'possessions' at my mothers - she must have thrown everything in the trunk away as we found the trunk in the garage empty
frown.gif
(she had Alzheimers so will never know what happened to my big memory box)

burtie

Visit site
I have kept nearly every rosette I have won as I write the event, date and horse on the back, therefore they bring back memories. However the only ones on display are this seasons or very extra special ones.

Hannahs winners rosette form theHickstead Derby meeting is one that will always remain on display for instance!
smile.gif

S_N

Visit site
All my old rosettes from my old horse and college comps. are in a box in the attic. This years (only 3) are on display though. B's 2nd at Devon County is on the corner of a picture frame of her at DC. Hector's First Premium from the BEF is on the framed certificate and the rosette that was awarded on Tuesday - is sitll in the truck
grin.gif

Snowberry

Visit site
Hattie has all of hers plastered all over her wall - all coloured co ordinated too!! She is running out of wall space now as Glen won over 120 rossettes last year
shocked.gif
She;s also got a HUGE poster of Glen XC and Louis's only been out a couple of times and already has 25+rosettes

Becci has her 1st, 2nds and 3rd displayed along with all her trophies and medals. She's also got some nice pics on display

peapod

Visit site
Mine are in a box at the moment, but I'm planning on getting some type of loosely woven netting to stick on the wall - and then hang the rosettes off!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
when i get my room redecorated (which is soon
tongue.gif
) i am going to put them all on the wall above my desk, hanging on strings, with my trophies under them at the back of my desk if that makes any sense lol?

am getting a big painting on canvas done of eddie too for my birthday
laugh.gif

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Mine are all on the front of my radiator at the mo (got a cover on front with holes in) but will need to find a new home soon as running out of space - I like the idea of a deep frame with a picture.

I also write on the back of everyone the date/show/class etc so I can remember
smile.gif

peterthepony

www.bebo.com
Mine are all up on my bedroom well, except the ones that i got trophies with as they are in the trophis cabinet downstairs, and also have a few in the lorry and up the yard but mainly at home!
grin.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
Hung round my tack room (although Ive now reached my limit so have a big stash of this years rossettes with nowhere to go!) - I put up that green floppy garden mesh stuff or chicken wire and simply hang them off that. I have a section for each horse.

Trophies are kept in the house, gathering dust!