Dissertation Questionnaire - Equine Colic

EmilyJo

New User
Visit site
Hello everyone! As part of my final year on my BSc Equine Science degree, I am undertaking a dissertation project. This research project aims to investigate owners perceptions and current colic management practices within the general equine population. I would be very thankful if you could assist me in my studies by completing this questionnaire as fully and honestly as possible. The questionnaire should take no longer than 10 minutes to complete. This questionnaire is aimed at all horse owners and all responses will be anonymous, and you may withdraw your responses at any time.

Here is the link:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...Hy39hS7wm5PbqqtgMrFgo4TQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you for your time!

Theocat

Visit site
Done, but if you had tested it first we could have made suggestions for a lot of improvements. Your list of management factors isn't great. You haven't explored the anything in depth. I would be curiously to know exactly what you were trying to establish, because I can't see that you could draw any useful conclusion from the questions you asked.

Mike007

Visit site
Done ,but the question about how much the peron feels they know about colic is a bit misleading I think. I have been around horses for over 50 years and the more I learn about colic ,the more I realise how little we know.

EmilyJo

New User
Visit site
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the study I am unable to disclose exactly what I am looking at in the questionnaire as it may cause bias and influence respondents answers. I appreciate your feedback, however I can assure you the questions I have chosen will enable me to draw useful conclusions based on the hypotheses I am testing.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the study I am unable to disclose exactly what I am looking at in the questionnaire as it may cause bias and influence respondents answers. I appreciate your feedback, however I can assure you the questions I have chosen will enable me to draw useful conclusions based on the hypotheses I am testing.

Has your dissertation/questionaire passed your university ethics committee?

EmilyJo

New User
Visit site
Done ,but the question about how much the peron feels they know about colic is a bit misleading I think. I have been around horses for over 50 years and the more I learn about colic ,the more I realise how little we know.

Thank you for your response and feedback!