Disused riding school

richard72

New User
Visit site
Hi,

We are fortunate enough to have moved a few years ago to a property with stables, fields and a really large riding school. The stables and fields are used but not the riding school as the horses are not ridden. We are trying to rack our brains as to what we can use the riding school for. It seems a shame to remove it as no doubt it was expensive to install. Any ideas? Random one I know but ideas would be great! We have two kids under ten. We thought about a playground but it is just too big for that!

Ossy2

Visit site
Remember to check if you have any planning restrictions on hiring out. Some arenas have a planning restriction on private use.
The obvious one is for an enclosed dog exercise area that people can hire out, they seem to be ver popular at the moment.

Not_so_brave_anymore

Visit site
If you have horses, don't get rid of it. There are so many occasions when it's useful to have a safe, grass free, mud free area. Even if you don't ride, it's great to have a space to safely do some ground work, especially if you ever need to rehabilitate from injury.

All the above still stands even if you "only" have mini ponies!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I have seen a listing of a property for sale where they had put a weed control cover on the arena and then made it into a garden with bark and plants in pots. That way, when they sold it was able to be quickly and cheaply turned back to an arena if the purchasers were horse people.

Alternatively, turn it into a tennis court or football pitch for the kids.

Muddywellies

Visit site
You can definitely earn some pennies from it if you don't mind strangers on your property and have decent parking, insurance and correct planning permission.
Hire it our for :
General riding
Clinics and demos
Car boot sales
Dog training
Weddings and parties
Barn dances
Various sports

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi,

We are fortunate enough to have moved a few years ago to a property with stables, fields and a really large riding school. The stables and fields are used but not the riding school as the horses are not ridden. We are trying to rack our brains as to what we can use the riding school for. It seems a shame to remove it as no doubt it was expensive to install. Any ideas? Random one I know but ideas would be great! We have two kids under ten. We thought about a playground but it is just too big for that!
Can I first say you lucky thing.

Don't get rid,

Ah hang on do you mean riding arena/school, or the whole riding school - stables as well as haybarn storage etc

You could offer it as a hire out arena for those not lucky to have one make some money that way